1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

"New" Kazuma Meerkat

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:12 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
By that I was referring to everyone making comments like "China cant make decent youth ATVs"......my point being they treat the country of China like the manufacturer when in reality we are speaking about several companies that range from halfway decent to horrible.......not a single entity which every one labels with the name China.

Point being "China doesnt make anything".....Chinese manufacturers do, its pointless to generalize and label everyone based on geographic location.
Its was easier to say Chinese and Japanese than to list the 4 mfg's from Japan and the dozens (hundreds?)from China..

Sorry for the confusion..

Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really anything to do with ATV's but, it shows why China is a force to be reckoned with...

China mandates renewable energy while U.S. deepens its dithering - Jeff McMahon - Scorched Earth - True/Slant

Maybe one day the National People's Congress will mandate better ATV's. LOL

Old 12-28-2009, 07:42 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by Geoff_NJ
Not really anything to do with ATV's but, it shows why China is a force to be reckoned with...

China mandates renewable energy while U.S. deepens its dithering - Jeff McMahon - Scorched Earth - True/Slant

Maybe one day the National People's Congress will mandate better ATV's. LOL
Its your thread.. you can take it any place you'ed like.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Its your thread.. you can take it any place you'ed like.

Oh, cool... I had some questions on Bulgarian soap companies. I really want to know, as clearly we all do, what scent is best?

LOL...

As for the post, I thought it was a good example of how business works in China.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Id say this is way off topic..

What ever Chinese trains have to do with Chinese ATV's is beyond my comprehension..

Ill just shut up and wait for the world beater quad/ATV to arrive(not going to be holding my breath while I wait if any of you mind).
Hey what happened to talking about fix'n atv's?

Old 12-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Sawyer
Speaking of which...

I've decided to let my kids have this little Meerkat with the understanding that there's another one coming. I went over to get it this afternoon. I went over things one more time, fired it up, wiped it down, put the plastic back on it, and carried it out of the basement.

I was ready to load it into the truck and could smell gas. Turns out the gas valve was dripping. The front face plate was showing a gap. I tried to tighten the screw [you all know where this is going] and lo and behold, the screw stripped...lol. I found a slightly more robust screw and fixed it. I went to fire it up again and, once again, it would not hold an idle. I could keep it running with a little throttle but, it would **** out. I took it for a little spin around the field [I'm 6' and 175...lol] I'm thinking something might have worked loose in the move up the steps and clogged the jet...? Maybe temperature change?

So, the kids didn't get it today. I'll give it to them in the morning and explain to them that it may be a rough start with it. I'm also in the process of looking at an older 87 moto4 100. [I posted it in the Yamaha forum] I have to get the show on the road with this...I can't take it anymore. LOL

Old 12-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also in the process of looking at an older 87 moto4 100. [I posted it in the Yamaha forum] I have to get the show on the road with this...I can't take it anymore. LOL
I dont remember if you brought it up before or not but do you already have an ATV for yourself?

My son had all this stuff before I did, finally he outgrew riding in the yard and wanted to ride elsewhere......which meant I had to get a quad so I could supervise him on the trails (hes 8). Thats when I realized what I was missing out on.

When looking for a quad for me I quickly figured out despite my size I would be better off with a smaller quad. Some of those big machines dont lend themselves well to riding around the yard......and there is something to be said for being able to lift your atv yourself as well as being able to turn it around inside of a single lane wide trail.....the bigger machines may have far more power.....but for the cost involved Im having tons of fun on my wee adult quad.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
I dont remember if you brought it up before or not but do you already have an ATV for yourself?

My son had all this stuff before I did, finally he outgrew riding in the yard and wanted to ride elsewhere......
No, nothing for myself...yet. I have access to a few if and when I need them. Like you I'm getting them into it first so they'll have some practice when we can all go together. My wife is even looking at different quads for her. Nothing serious...just looking. [like she was "just looking" at the boulder she wears on her finger...lol]

I'm a soccer coach and some of the parents and kids from my team have quads. We became good friends with them [before we knew they had quads...lol] and thought it might be a nice group activity off the field as the kids too are now friends of my kids.

When I do get one for myself, it will be something simple. The 660 Grizzly I use once in a while is nice but, unless I'm willing to sell my boats and diesel truck, it's not in the cards. Something in the 350-450 range would be fine. I had street bikes in college [84 Honda Interceptor and an 88 Yama FZ 600]and a few beater dirt bikes [one was a Puch 80 Cobra...] as a kid but, nothing since then.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:20 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by Sawyer
I have no idea. thread has gone in a few directions for sure...

Old 12-29-2009, 03:23 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Speaking of which...

I've decided to let my kids have this little Meerkat with the understanding that there's another one coming. I went over to get it this afternoon. I went over things one more time, fired it up, wiped it down, put the plastic back on it, and carried it out of the basement.

I was ready to load it into the truck and could smell gas. Turns out the gas valve was dripping. The front face plate was showing a gap. I tried to tighten the screw [you all know where this is going] and lo and behold, the screw stripped...lol. I found a slightly more robust screw and fixed it. I went to fire it up again and, once again, it would not hold an idle. I could keep it running with a little throttle but, it would **** out. I took it for a little spin around the field [I'm 6' and 175...lol] I'm thinking something might have worked loose in the move up the steps and clogged the jet...? Maybe temperature change?

So, the kids didn't get it today. I'll give it to them in the morning and explain to them that it may be a rough start with it. I'm also in the process of looking at an older 87 moto4 100. [I posted it in the Yamaha forum] I have to get the show on the road with this...I can't take it anymore. LOL
Well thats a bummer.. do you have a fuel filter? I cant remember..

Quick Reply: "New" Kazuma Meerkat