1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

125 Spider Vbike

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 125 Spider Vbike

Well Bought a brand new in the creat 125 Spider From Vbikes and picked it up at store. I put it together and test rode it, All was good. Kids and wife rode around yard for an hour all together (still all was good).
Kids rode it out in the country place got it real dirty, then daughter started out on the dirt road and got 50 yards from drive way when the 125 let out a scream.... but once she let off gas and stop noisse stoped.
she goes again alittle futher then the Scream again. Took it to VBikes and told them about that and the Oil Leak they did not really understand what I said about the Screaming noise cause when I picked it up three days late they told me they adjusted the Carb and fixed the leak, when asked about the scream they said they did not understand what I was talking about. anyway took it back to country house and kids come to ride.
My girl rode for about 45min. then the Scream again... I am thinking a front wheel bearing cause it is only happening when you try to ride long distance. well then the Throttle came apart at the CARB, I put it back together then I ride it around for about ten min. it Dies and now I can only get it started and running but once you move the choke it Dies....
Any Ideas on anything.... I like the Bike and it runs great when it is running and my girl loves riding it but is fustrated that everytime she Rides it I have to Fix Sum Thing....

Old 02-24-2010, 11:55 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Does the scream happen if you just push the quad? Or only with the engine running? A few of the 04 Yamoto 125's had a gear that was too tight on one of its shafts...engine would heat up and it had a sort of squeal sound.. Most wore in after a few days of use if i remember right..

As for your running problems...Id guess youve got a clogged jet in the carb...It will need to be removed and cleaned...Id also put a fuel filter in the line to keep the jet from getting clogged again..

Old 02-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks. The squeal Is when you are driving and there is a filter inline but I was thinking of pulling the carbjust to check things out. Thanks again.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:01 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by customroddr24
thanks. The squeal Is when you are driving and there is a filter inline but I was thinking of pulling the carbjust to check things out.

Thanks again.
Next time you get it to squeal... lift the back tires off the ground...That will isolate the front wheel bearings... If you cant tell if its the engine or the rear wheel bearings..take off the chain..

The carb is always a good place to start...

Your Welcome