1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Lights good now. Easy fix for stupid design! Tao Tao 125D

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights good now. Easy fix for stupid design! Tao Tao 125D

Well they go all out and give you three lights. The issue is they aren't bright enough to see your hand at 3" in a cave. LOL

So I went to wally world and got a set of fog lights. They were I believe 30 bucks. They have the blue tint, are round, and about 3" in Dia.

Mounting and hook up.
It was easy. I just took off the head lamp that came on the quad by removing the single bolt(I left the mounting piece on the forks). Unhook the wires at the connectors. Tape the wire for the orange little bulb.(What was the purpose of that bulb? Not lighting). Now you have 3 wires (Blue, green,white)and an empty mount. I was able to bend the mount with pliers and get it so the new lamp would bolt in place(YMMV). Connect the blue and Green wires to the lamp. The white is taped off. The Last step is to look at the two little lights on the lower front. The wires in the back are (Blue green and white). Cut and tape off the blue wire.

How they work. Push the light switch all the way over. The lower light toggle will switch between the now bright head lamp and the lower two marker lights (these are still mostly useless)

With it setup like this you can finally see enough to drive at night. It still takes a bit of RPM for the lamp to be at full power. But it works great.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checking to see how this setup is still working. I am thinking about upgrading the main beam on my 125d for my son. How are the wally world fog lights holding up? Thanks!!