1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc atv/ go kart need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc atv/ go kart need help!!

It's been awhile since I have posted on this forum but I have a Big problem with my sons 110cc go kart. Due to the design of the thing.. Last year while he and a friend where riding it. They hit a major bump causing the top of the carb to smack into the gas tank.. The tank was mounted too low for the suspension. The top of the carb(cap) cracked so when he hit the gas.. It just stayed full throttle... When that happened I was about 30 seconds away.. Being kids they just sat in the thing, while it was sitting their running full throttle.. To the point white smoke was coming out of the vent hose.. I ran over and shut the thing off... I finally replaced the carb the other day, and got it running again.. But the thing wont move.. It has forward/neutral/reverse..

I was tolds to take the small center cover off on the clutch cover and put a socket on the nut behind the cover.. To tighten that up, and it should move again.. I tried this, and all I'm basically doing is turning the thing.. I also put it in gear and tried to turn the nut.. It will turn a few times then stop, and the gokart's wheels will want to spin.. So i tried holding the gokart in place and tighten it, but i think the nut is already tight... I also noticed at the top of the clutch cover another plug?? It looks like the one on the clutch cover, but smaller.. So I took it out, and it looks like a place to pour fluid in.. The cover even has a rubber o ring on it.. Does the transmission take fluid??? My kids 3 speed atv just uses the oil for the tranny... So I'm not sure what to do at this point???? If anybpdy has an idea?? Please help.. My kid is really wanting me to get this thing working for him again... Thanks... Here is a link to a picture of the engine on his go kart.. It's a little different setup, but the engine looks the same... His was bought from wildfire, and they dont have any info on there website for me to even research parts for it.. Just a picture of it, and they no longer sell it...

110cc Go Cart

Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Range Rover

wow.. nobody has a clue how to get this thing moving?? Its the same setup as a china atv.. just mounted different...

Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yes, the tranny does take fluid. i'll find the book on mine and tell you what grade it should be. as far as a tranny man, i can't help ya! i take mine to the local shop for major items.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

my transmission takes 80W-90. sorry i couldn't help you out on the CVT.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

is your go kart a horizontal 110cc engine? Chinese Engine #05 Chinese ATV Engine 110cc is it similar to the link posted. let me know so i can try and help.

thanks adam

Old 06-02-2010, 02:34 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Have you ever changed the engine oil? Id think 10wt-40 oil would be fine... Im also thinking maybe the clutch fried when it was a full throttle for 30 secs..

Old 06-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

if i'm not mistaken, if it has the GY6 style motor, there should be a belt that drives the tranny that could've burned up. worth a look? but i could be mistaken.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by kelley_motorsports
is your go kart a horizontal 110cc engine? Chinese Engine #05 Chinese ATV Engine 110cc is it similar to the link posted. let me know so i can try and help.

thanks adam
That looks like the exact same engine...

Old 06-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Have you ever changed the engine oil? Id think 10wt-40 oil would be fine... Im also thinking maybe the clutch fried when it was a full throttle for 30 secs..
The oil was changed on the spot.. I use 10w 40 motorcycle oil in all my china toys.. I have never had a problem...

Like I said.. I can put a socket on the nut behind the cap on the clutch cover.. While the kart is in gear.. Either fwd or reverse.. I can then turn the socket until the clutch catches the wheels.. Then the kart's wheels will move.. It's just while the engine is running.. I hit the gas, and noo go....

I didnt put any fluid in the top cap yet because I dont know how much to put in??? Their's no dipstick, and the cap is located at the top of the cover... Check my previous post for the exact engine in my kart... And you can see the cap that I'm talking about at the top of the cover....

Thanks for all ur help.. I sure hope I can get this moving for my son....