1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazume 110cc fushin quad no spark

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazume 110cc fushin quad no spark

i just traded a go cart for a decent looking kids quad for myt daughter, kid told me it needed a cdi ( and im now learning what a cdi even is) but i took the remote start/kill box off and the circut board is smoked. of which i have no remote so its useless. when i get a new cdi can i just unplug remote harness and render it useless without some sort of bypass??

Old 10-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Of course my first question would be why is the remote module smoked? What happened? What else is smoked? I'm thinking you may find there are more problems than just "it needs a CDI".

To answer your question:

Yes, on an otherwise working quad you can just unplug the remote and everything will function almost the same. The only difference is that you can no longer shut off the quad with the ignition switch. You have to use the handlebar kill switch instead. And of course you have to remember to turn the handlebar kill switch back to the "run" position before starting the quad next time.

Try replacing the CDI, then come back if it doesn't solve your problems. You'll need a meter to continue from here...

Old 10-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

the remote kill box has a oxidized burn mark and the contacts on board are blackened..idk what happened it was prior to me trading for it..but it has no spark with or with out the remote kill box on so its either cdi ot strator i was told..im tryin to locate parts..if i cant or its something else im going to try to sell it. it does crank just wont spark

Old 10-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

ps. thanks lynnE appreciate your time for a responce

Old 10-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just keep in mind that most chinese quads all use the same parts. Match the picture up with the web site and go for it. Parts are cheap, so you can experiment without major financial risk.

The ignition section involves the following:

1) The stator, which can be completely measured and verified with a meter.
2) The CDI, which can be partially measured with a meter.
3) The Kill switch wiring, which can be completely measured and verified with a meter.
4) The coil, which can partially be verified with a meter.
5) The spark plug, which cannot be measured at all with a meter.

Look at the above 5 points and you can see that a lot can be measured with a meter. Those parts that can't are cheap to replace. So measure what you can, and if that doen't isolate the problem change a few parts one at a time, or all at once, depending on your budget.

Meters are cheap, and help is available. I wouldn't sell a quad for a simple problem like "no spark". This is fixable. Get a meter and let's fix it...