1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

can anyone help me w/flywheel problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry can anyone help me w/flywheel problem

is there anyone on this earth who knows about flywheels? i took my old one of with flywheel puller, the key did not come out with it, it was stuck in the shaft, the new one did not come with a key, it took alot of pressure to get it off, as it should have, i realize how the keys are designed to work, therefore how do go about putting the new flywheel back on? you are trying to exert the same amount of pressure in the opposite way, without the puller to do the work for you, i dont know how else to explain this, or why no one seems to be understanding what i am asking has no one ever had this problem?...if so i must have done something wrong. i realize the key has to be positioned a certain way as to prevent the flywheel from flying off, and shearing if there is alot of pressure on it to prevent further damage to machine, i understand that, but was the key supposed to have come out with the old one, and/or was the new flywheel supposed to have come with a new key, will someone please give me 5 minutes of there time..i would appreciate any help. thanks

Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you measured the new flywheel keyway and old key stock and they were close to the same , the flywheel should go on. Make sure the flywheel,shaft and key are free of burrs,so that it will slip on.
If the flywheel won't slide on far enough to get the nut on the shaft ,to finish pressing it on. You may have get a flywheel installer, which is basically is a small press, which screws onto the crankshaft and uses a nut and spacer bearing to push the flywheel onto the shaft