1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

I need a wire diagram for a redcat 200cc atv?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a wire diagram for a redcat 200cc atv?

I am looking to see if anyone has or knows of a good place or site to get a wire diagram for a 200cc redcat atv??? help please

Old 07-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I looked through my wiring collection. I don't have one fro that particular quad. Even if I did have one it would probably be full of errors anyway.

Quad wiring is often similar to other brand quads. What kind of problem are you having?

Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dropped a new motor in it and had to get a new wire harness for it from a diff. person and im not sure what wires are what , i thought i had it but it just keeps blowing the fuse,

Do you know what other atv wire diagram would be similer to this one,,, i can find them for a 150cc but not the 200cc...

Old 07-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Does the fuse blow as soon as you hook up the battery? Does it blow when you turn on the ignition switch?

Watch another fuse while it blows (the fuse value should be like 10 amps). Does it go off like a flash bulb, leaving black flash marks inside the glass fuse body? Or does it bend, start to glow red, and then break right in the middle over several seconds? There is useful information in this test.

Did you have any mating problems between the ignition switch and the new harness? In other words, did you do some modifications in order to plug the ignition switch in? The ignition switch is actually two switches ganged together on the same shaft. One side switches 12 volts, the other switches the kill line to ground. If the switch is wired wrong it is possible that the battery is switched directly to ground through the ignition switch (and fuse) when you turn the ignition switch on.

If the ignition switch is wired right then the next step is to unplug everything. If the fuse stops blowing then plug in one connector at a time until the fuse blows, trace the wires from the offending connector just plugged in, and we have a very big clue to ponder...

If the fuse blows with everything unplugged then you have a pinched wire (to the frame somewhere) to find. Or we're back to the ignition switch wiring again.

Got a meter?

As far as equivalent wiring diagrams go, it is too early. Your quad wiring may resemble quad "A" for the starting circuitry, but more resemble quad "F" for the battery charging section. And the ignition section is more like quad "G". Etcetera... Let's find out what section blowing the fuse first, then zero in on how that particular section is wired...