1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

gy6 carb help...please

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 05:50 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by pvillefball421
is there any store that sells y connectors. my quad didnt come with it and i need to connect to vacuum hoses to the fuel pump
Try your local auto parts store... some have a rack with weird vacuum line connectors for cars.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok well today i finally got it to run for 2 seconds then it shut off. right now i have the tube coming from the intake manifold going to the nipple in the first picture i have circled. is it possible my hensim 150cc gy6 doesnt have a fuel pump? i couldnt find it anywhere. and also from trying to kickstart the atv so many times it sounds like something is grinding whenever i kick down on the kick start. pls any help

Old 07-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Range Rover

also is my quad suppposed to have a gas tank fuel vent? i noticed many atvs do but mine doesnt?

Old 07-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

... is it possible my hensim 150cc gy6 doesnt have a fuel pump? i couldnt find it anywhere. and also from trying to kickstart the atv so many times it sounds like something is grinding whenever i kick down on the kick start. pls any help
Since the tank is higher than the carburetor you don't need a fuel pump. Gas is fed to the carburetor by gravity.

My Hensim 150cc quad doesn't have a kick start. I wish it did, but there is no room in the foot well. You can always pop off the side cover and take a look to see what is going on with yours.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Electrical Expert

also is my quad suppposed to have a gas tank fuel vent? i noticed many atvs do but mine doesnt?
The tank has to be vented somehow. My Hensim quad has the vent in the gas cap. If you suspect a lack of a vent is a problem just leave the gas cap loose as a test.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Range Rover

ya i will definitely try that also do you where the fuses are located for this quad?

Old 07-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Electrical Expert

There is only one fuse (10 amp), and it must be very close to positive battery terminal. The reason for this is that any length of wire that goes from the battery to the fuse is unprotected. Thus this wire would be made as short as practical, and it would never be bound up in the wiring harness where it could damage other wires if it melted.

Most quads have the fuse on a small wire coming off the battery (+) side, but a few quads have the small wire (and fuse) coming off the starter solenoid input post (which is connected to the positive battery post through a short big fat wire). I've heard of quads that have the fuse built into the starter solenoid.

My hensim quad has the fuse on the short wire coming off the battery. It is an in-line fuse in a plastic case under the seat next to the battery.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Range Rover

do i need to remove variator to fix the kickstart gears?

Old 08-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Range Rover

and how do I know if im getting a spark?

Old 08-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Electrical Expert

do i need to remove variator to fix the kickstart gears?
I don't know for sure since my quad doesn't have a kick start. But there are a lot of GY6 full blown service manuals out there for free download. I would download a few of them (they're huge) and see what is involved:

Chinese Scooter Reference

Never mind that these manuals are for scooters, buggies, etc. It is the same engine, so the info is still valid.

Quick Reply: gy6 carb help...please