1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

If you ask me ... All these online parts dealers are FLAKES!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you ask me ... All these online parts dealers are FLAKES!

But, then again no one asked. LOL

I've used (or attempted to use) no less than 6 different vendors in the past three weeks. All flakey. I think they all claim to have the part but then run out an buy the piece .... then ship it if they even get that far.

Just ordered a gearbox for a Kuzuma. I did NOT order online but actually called and was put off for about a week. Finally a guy called back, swore he had the part and not two hours later I get an e-mail that it's on back order due to being out of stock and will be up to 14 days before they get it in.

Freaking flakes, bordering on con artist and reminiscent of a phone boiler room operation. i have actually received SOME parts but even then the order was screwed up after talking to the owner/manager on the phone. To his credit he did make the order good and sent the part next day shipping and I received it.

Nothing that can't be fixed on these little Chinese bikes but getting the parts and actually having them arrive is really hit and miss.

Example just checked and this buyatvsonline.com has about a dozen back links and that many names like Kuzumausa and others. Different phone numbers and when you dial it you get the same gal saying "all of our Representatives are busy assisting other customers pleas leave a message and a customer service rep will get back to you" Don't hold yer breath.

Big money in all this.... I just paid 200 smackers for a part that cost $12 to make 5 to ship another 25 to the jobber and another 5 to warehouse. hey don't blame them, I'm trying to make a buck too but for crying out loud they should "get it together" Rant over........................

Old 10-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I've only ordered one part on line (a set of rear brakes) and had no problem (I forget where). Most of my parts have come from eBay, and I've had mostly good luck there too. But I carefully research feedback comments and bypass any vendor with questionable feedback. And if I'm not sure about the description I ask questions. If they don't respond it's a no go for me.

Others recently have reported problems with eBay vendors (it was 5 pin CDI's in this case). My faith in eBay was shaken a bit with these stories.

The only case on eBay where I had trouble with ATV parts was when I ordered a petcock fuel valve for my neighbor's quad. It took five weeks to deliver it, but the problem was with US customs. I neglected to note when buying that the vendor was in Taiwan, and even though 99% of their shipments got through promptly mine got stuck for some reason. They shipped the day after my order. It's hit and miss. Around the same time I ordered a ER-40 collet set for my milling machine from another Taiwan eBay vendor for $110. It arrived in 6 days - the cheapest set in the US I could find at the time was 3 times that. It was a wonderful collet set too.

I like the idea of a feedback system where the general public can vent their frustrations on recalcitrant vendors, and (more important) influence future customers in their purchasing decisions. That's why I gravitate towards eBay. I vent easily.

If you paid with a credit card be sure not to let them charge you and then extend the back ordered delivery beyond the cut-off date for you to contest the charges. I've seen this happen to people on this forum. No delivered parts, and no way to get their money back

Old 10-23-2011, 06:20 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Rant Away Sidewinder747!!

I have not needed to order any parts.. (I have a decent supply of stuff from my days of being involved with Jetmoto) ..but I definitely am not looking forward to it..(my time is coming)

Parts availability was one of the many things the Anti Chinese posters would bring up.. I thought there would be enough of them.. and most copy the same design(for lack of a better word). seems logical parts would be around.. and for what some of the parts cost you'ed think a few more would be involved.. Oh Well...

Has anyone tried our site sponsor? Mainstreet Motorsports Whitmore Lake, MI (734) 550-4348

It think it would be interesting for him (or her?) to post their thoughts on this topic..

When the time comes for me to get parts Im gonna look around on ebay first.. Ive had great experiences buying on ebay for 9 yrs or so... Heck thats where I got my Yamoto 150..

I too have bought from a overseas seller..Bought some parts for my 25 yr old Tamiya Clod Buster R/C truck.. Had them in under 2 weeks..

Lynn... Do you have the name of that collet seller handy?

Old 10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Has anyone tried our site sponsor? Mainstreet Motorsports Whitmore Lake, MI (734) 550-4348

It think it would be interesting for him (or her?) to post their thoughts on this topic..
Gary from MainstreetMotorSports has posted here several times. I haven't seen anything from him in a while. It's a pity, since his knowledge and advice was very helpful

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Lynn... Do you have the name of that collet seller handy?
I just went and looked to see if I could find anything on the collet set. I haven't dug it up yet but I'll keep looking. There is no label or name on the box.

This is a really nice set with 15 collets from 1/16" to 1" plus the collet holder with MT3 taper (they had other tapers too). I had to make a new drawbar because the threads were different, but that was easy enough.