1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help identify my quad please

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
The ones who experienced frustration and later succeeded used a $30 vacuum pump to pull brake fluid down from the master cylinder through the bleed screw, or used a pressure pump (like one of those lever squeeze oil cans [about $1 at harbor freight]) to force brake fluid back up the hose from the bleed screw to the master cylinder.
Some good options you've provided Lynn, thank you. I've thought about the vacuum pump and even went on the hunt to find one on the loaner program at the local auto parts stores but no luck and I'm not really wanting to spend 30 bucks on something that might get used once or twice.

Now the $1 can from Harbor Freight is an excellent idea and we happen to have a HF in town. Ill give that a try tonight.

Took it out for a test drive last night and she ran real good. Only problem left other then the brake issue is that she road walks as if she was built back in the early 60's. I'm thinking an alignment issue but need to take some measurements.

Any further advise on the alignment before I jump in?

Oh and your explination on how to test the CDI that I've seen in different threads was very helpfull, thank you for post that as well.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

We have brakes

Now all that is left is to figure out what's going on with the front end, solve a minor idle issue and button everything up. Should have it ready in time to to give it to my daughters for Christmas.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Was able to work on it again this weekend. The alignment was way off. Super surprised I didn't wreck riding it before. Im sure it's not 100% dead on but it's close enough for me to feel safe putting the girls on it. Thanks again for all the advise.