1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

china 110cc starter button doesn't work...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 03:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

If that works, then go for it. I noticed the un-clothed picture looks a lot like a Yam 80 so Googled the Yam wiring diagram. This has become a nightmare as strange "subscription" websites have taken over almost all diagrams, they give you a thumbnail, and from that I can tell the Raptor 80 has a similarly complex relay and brake/neutral switch system, but can't quite work out how it works from the thumbnail.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if its relative or not but it is a semi auto, as it has gears but no clutch.
it's also a shaft drive opposed to chain drive.
makes it hard when you dont know the make and model.
the on only thing I could find anywhere on it is "Linmax" on the side of the engine case.
The guy I got it from said it was a 110cc.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Linmax made an extremely good copy of the Suzuki LT50 quad, which sold in large numbers for the short time it was available. Yamaha were about the only big company that made shaft drive "Kids quads" so Linmax may have done a copy of the Yam, though the Yams were 80cc, 90cc and 100cc.

Old 10-21-2021, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arbowman
Hello. I am having an issue with a 110cc full auto china quad I bought cheap recently. The battery wouldn't hold a charge and the carb was gunked up so I got a new battery and cleaned the carb. When I hit the starter button nothing happened. I jumped the starter solenoid with a wrench and the engine started right up. The starter button seems to be fine. I can feel it making contact inside the housing. When I took it apart, everything was clean and the wires were soldered good. The wires going to the solenoid were ok. I tried a spare solenoid I had from a parts quad and it did nothing. I am not sure if that solenoid was good though. I never saw it work. I didn't see a key anwhere. I disconnected the front and rear brake wires and the tether switch in the back. I am assuming that if the safety switches are disconneted they won't lockout the starter or cut the spark. Am I right? Do all the safety lockout switches need to be connected for the starter button to work? Should I try another solenoid? What is going on here?!! Thanks in advance!
I'm having a similar issue with my son's quad.

Everything works, but when you push the start button nothing happens. The brake light didn't light up at first, but I think that may be due to a weak battery. I've charged and tested the battery and it charges up to 90% (13 volts), and when I hooked up my smart charger to the battery while it is hooked up to the quad, the headlights brightened up and the break lights start flashing red and green on the far left side of the brake light/tailight, but after approx 20 seconds, it's now only flashing green on the far left side of the brake light.

This is super confusing