1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

06 jianshe 400 no spark somtimes

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 02:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikertldg
I don't know how long till it gets here but will let you all know if it works
Only took 4 business days to get to az. I forgot about.the $100 min. That place is sketchy. I put the cdi in cart at 930 am it was $78.99 my mechanic also put it in his cart same time same price At 230 pm same day my mechanic went back to cart it was empty and now the cdi price is $99.99.
Checked my cart nothing price 99.99. Next day 78.99 just happy that I hVe it running now.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

It worked like a charm thank you all for helping

Old 02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It worked like a charm thank you all for helping
I'm glad you got it working...

Old 06-20-2015, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No spark

Hi there I have a jianshe 400 no spark situation it is intermittent as I was tearing down to get to the bottom of it it started working completely start button and all but when I put back together it stopped . I thought it was the battery possibly. But since replaced and can not get spark . Took off the plastic and again it fired up ..put it back to gather and no spark.replaced coil started to test cdi as per this post . I have different colour wiring but it looks to be same. 5 wire 6 pin type. 1st test 12.5 volts 2nd test ohms read 12 3rd test nothing. I have auto ranging metering inn ova 3320 . Your help would be appreciated been down for a year.

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
If you've been following the other Jianshe 400cc thread you know that RGregorie has come to the conclusion (I concur) that he has the wrong CDI, and he needs the 5 pin version. You've just added another piece of evidence supporting that claim.

Here is a simplified version of the Jianshe 400cc CDI wiring which I found on Alibaba (submitted by a CDI vendor):

Attachment 6578

Hover or click on the thumbnail. For some reason lately though, I've had to right click on the thumbnail and select "open link in new tab" for it to work right. I don't know if this is a problem with my computer, or errors on this site.

Get out a meter and set it to measure DC volts on the 20 volt scale. Unplug the CDI. Turn on the ignition switch and set all kill switches to the "run" position. Measure the DC voltage between the red/white wire and the black wire on the CDI wire harness connector. You should see 12 volts. What do you measure?

Turn off the ignition, and set your meter to read resistance (ohms) on the the 2K ohm scale. Measure the resistance looking into the CDI connector again (CDI still unplugged) between the blue/red and green white wires. What do you measure? This is measuring the resistance of the stator trigger winding from the CDI connector back through the stator and all associated wiring.

Set your meter down to the lowest resistance scale you have (like 2 or 20 ohms - not "K Ohms", or "M Ohms"). Measure the resistance between the orange wire and black wire. What do you measure? This is measuring the resistance of the ignition coil primary from the CDI connector and all the associated wiring simultaneously.

Let's start here, and if everything looks good we can go on to measuring voltages while cranking the starter motor. If they don't look good then we zero in on the bad readings and dig deeper.

Remember that we're dealing with an intermittent, so you must start these tests with a non-sparking quad, do the tests, and then verify that the quad still has no spark when done. It does no good to collect data for a no-spark quad when it is producing spark...

Old 06-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RGREGORIE
Only took 4 business days to get to az. I forgot about.the $100 min. That place is sketchy. I put the cdi in cart at 930 am it was $78.99 my mechanic also put it in his cart same time same price At 230 pm same day my mechanic went back to cart it was empty and now the cdi price is $99.99.
Checked my cart nothing price 99.99. Next day 78.99 just happy that I hVe it running now.
Had the same experience with a vendor called partsyahoo that had parts for my Baja. I called them to make sure they had the part in stock, next time I tried to add it to my cart, it was raised 300%. Decided to move on and go elsewhere.

Glad your going again.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:23 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler27
Hi there I have a jianshe 400 no spark situation it is intermittent as I was tearing down to get to the bottom of it it started working completely start button and all but when I put back together it stopped . I thought it was the battery possibly. But since replaced and can not get spark . Took off the plastic and again it fired up ..put it back to gather and no spark.replaced coil started to test cdi as per this post . I have different colour wiring but it looks to be same. 5 wire 6 pin type....

Keep in mind that I have never even seen a Jianshe quad so I'm troubleshooting in the dark. I'll do my best with what limited info I have on this quad. I'm a little confused that you say that the wire colors are different, but it looks to be the same... What? The test you quoted asked to look for voltages between wire colors - which you say don't match. Please explain. Perhaps you are using connector position instead of wire colors?

...1st test 12.5 volts ....

If you're using connector position instead of wire colors that seems like the 400c Jianshe quads above.

2nd test ohms read 12..... .

12 what? 12 ohms? 12 kiloOhms? 12 megohms? Those values range over a million to one. The test asked for a specific range to be selected, but you have an autoranging meter. That's OK, but once the meter settles to the best range you need to tell me what the range is. If you were to ask someone how much does that box weigh, and they replied "12", your automatic response would be: Twelve what? Grams? Ounces? Kilograms? Tons? I think you see what I mean...

...3rd test nothing.....

Tyler I'm pretty sure your meter did not have the word "nothing" on its display. What do you mean by "nothing"? "Nothing" means different things to different people. Does "nothing" mean zero ohms? Or does "nothing" mean infinite ohms(i.e. open)? Or does "nothing" mean that you have no idea what you are looking at. Don't interpret the readings - let me do that. Just tell me exactly what you see on the display - and since your meter is auto ranging be sure to tell what the scale is that it settles on (which will usually be in small characters on the display).

Old 06-29-2015, 10:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default I will be more specific thanks for your help

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Keep in mind that I have never even seen a Jianshe quad so I'm troubleshooting in the dark. I'll do my best with what limited info I have on this quad. I'm a little confused that you say that the wire colors are different, but it looks to be the same... What? The test you quoted asked to look for voltages between wire colors - which you say don't match. Please explain. Perhaps you are using connector position instead of wire colors?

If you're using connector position instead of wire colors that seems like the 400c Jianshe quads above.

12 what? 12 ohms? 12 kiloOhms? 12 megohms? Those values range over a million to one. The test asked for a specific range to be selected, but you have an autoranging meter. That's OK, but once the meter settles to the best range you need to tell me what the range is. If you were to ask someone how much does that box weigh, and they replied "12", your automatic response would be: Twelve what? Grams? Ounces? Kilograms? Tons? I think you see what I mean...

Tyler I'm pretty sure your meter did not have the word "nothing" on its display. What do you mean by "nothing"? "Nothing" means different things to different people. Does "nothing" mean zero ohms? Or does "nothing" mean infinite ohms(i.e. open)? Or does "nothing" mean that you have no idea what you are looking at. Don't interpret the readings - let me do that. Just tell me exactly what you see on the display - and since your meter is auto ranging be sure to tell what the scale is that it settles on (which will usually be in small characters on the display).

Thank-you for helping I will try to be more specific.
I was talking about testing the same connector position of the wires.as I confirmed the 12 volt and ground wires in the same position.
I will need to retest today and clarify ranges and the "nothing reading"
Funny thing happen after I was playing around it started but next day .no spark.Next day after it started and now something completely drained battery. Charging now.
Tyler

Old 07-25-2017, 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok Lynn I am back from work! I did that test with the red and blue and green and white! I saw on my meter .2 ac volts and nothing on the orange to ground! I used the ground on the battery, I dunno I that makes a difference or not

I am having the same isusse with no spark my readings from top to bottom are:
13.6volts red/ white to black
219.7 ohms blue/red to green/white
0.08 2kohms Orange to black
2.4volts blue/red to green/white cranking
1.6volts Orange to battery negitive
With no spark at anytime, cleaned up coil grounds and connections checked coil resistance:
+ to spark plug boot= 4.19ohms
- to - = 0.1 - 0.0 ohms
+ to - =0.5 - 0.6ohms
spark plug boot to - = 4.18 ohms

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated