1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma Jaguar 500

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

In blue...

Originally Posted by virendra
Many thanks for your patience and inputs.

KILL Switch update.

With the CDI connector removed, I inserted the multimeter cables into the black white and one in the green earth part. Multimeter was set at a range of 3 ohms and then 30 ohms with the same result as its a digital meter.

A) With Ignition off.

i) with KILL SWITCH OFF the meter shows 'OL'. [OK. Your kill switch circuit is ground to kill, and open to allow spark. But to be technically correct you should measure the "OL" or "open kill switch" on a much higher scale than 30 ohms (the 3 or 30 ohm scale is correct for the "shorted", or "kill switch on") mode. For measuring an open kill switch you should be using a scale of at least 30K ohms (30 Kilo-ohms or 30,000 ohms). Let's say your kill switch is badly corroded and has 400 ohms (for example) to ground. That would kill your spark, but would still read "OL" even on the 300 ohm scale - let alone the 3 or 30 ohm scale. A 400 ohm connection to ground is unlikely, but it cannot be ruled out until it is measured at a high enough scale .]

ii) With Kill switch On it shows 0.5 OHMS.

B) With Ignition turned ON.

The results are exactly the same for off . OL and with ignition on marginally higher at 0.6 ohms

For the results on the Trigger sensor and the magneto I will probably have to wait till the weekend as part is supposedly left today. [OK, standing by...]

I have also located a few good reliable suppliers of parts for these bikes at v reasonable prices for other forum members. Most of them do communicate well in English. Will post them later.

My pain will be someone else's gain.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on chinese quad jaguar 500

Hi Lynn,
Got the package with the new Stator/Pickup sensor .

a) Checked the resistance on the magnetic sensor and the new one showed 140 ohms in comparison to the 27 ohms of the old one.
b) Replaced the new kit of the stator and mag sensor and did a loose check with all cables hanging out with flarings all out. GOT A SPARK even though it was slightly feeble.
c) Put the plug back and after a bit of cranking got the engine running. Ran it for 5 minutes and then turned it off.
d) Dressed up all wires with cable ties and put back all flarings etc.
e) Restarted Quad and it would not start.
f) Opended a few bits to access spark plug and NO SPARK again.
g) Luckily had a spare CDI pack and replaced it .
h) Replaced it with the new one and got a very bright spark.
i) Reassembeled the flarings and started it and no problems now.

Been starting/ off/ restarting for 2 hours and no issues for now.

So in summary I feel it was the mag sensor gone bad and the CDI packed up while I was testing it so could have been a weak CDI to start with.

MANY THANKS for all the time and patience to assist in getting this one running.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Im glad you got it running .

You're a pioneer - exploring new territory with skill and determination...

Old 02-09-2016, 10:00 AM
Ride it like you stole it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was it that got it all back up and running again? I am having the same problem and I am lost in everything you guys talked about. Because everything was working one minute. Then the next minute. There is absoloutly no spark