1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

No electricity AT ALL

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No electricity AT ALL

I finally got my Roketa ATV-01 running, then two weeks later it just cut off in the middle of riding. There is no electricity. It doesn't even light up when I turn the key. Nothing. Battery was new. Also tried charging it and that didn't work.

Any idea what could possibly be wrong w/ it?

Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Check the fuse. Since none of your electrical stuff is working then the only thing between the battery and the 12 volt power bus is the fuse, ignition switch, the wiring between these devices, and the ground return wire from the engine case back to the battery. So have a look at all these components and see if you ca see anything wrong.

Another thing to try is jumping across the solenoid to see if your battery is up to cranking over the starter motor:

First, make sure the quad is in neutral, and the parking brakes are firmly set. You are about to attempt to crank the starter motor unconditionally - bypassing all safety interlocks. If the quad should start up you want to be sure is stays put.

Find the postive battery terminal, and follow the big fat red wire to the starter solonoid screw terminal. Follow the other starter solenoid screw terminal to the starter motor.

Now take a screwdriver and use the shank to short those two screw posts on the starter solenoid together. Some sparking is OK.
Does the starter motor turn?
Here is what I hav for a wiring diagram for a 250cc rocketa water cooled quad. See how well this matches your wiring diagram:

No electricity AT ALL-roketa250_wd.jpg

Hover over or click the thumbnail to get a bigger image (you must be logged in for this to work).

After this you will need a meter to follow the wiring to see where the power is interrupted.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Lynn has very well inputed, the fault area will be between the battery and ignition, so faulty bullet conncters, blown fuse, damaged or snagged wires, just follow the wires going from the battery to the ignition. Let us know how it goes.