1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Cooster 125 Carb leaking gas

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooster 125 Carb leaking gas

So just got both my sons the Coolster 125. One of the bikes is leaking fuel out the carb. (picture Included) The screw heads to get into the bowl have been ground off. Just wondering if anybody out there has any reason to why fuel would just be spilling out from there. Also I put a hose on it and clamped it shut then fuel filled the air filter up.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

My only access to the net is my ps3 and for some reason it won't load your pic but, if its filling the carb the float is probably stuck. As far as the screws having the heads ground off I posted a link to a youtube video that shows how to remove the screws in the carb adjustment stckey at the top of the chinese quad page. I don't have time to find the link again but it should still be there. With my settings is on page 8 post 288.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here is the picture

Old 03-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

thats the air vent for the bowl. it is supposed to be just an open hole. and yes your float is sticking. you could just tap on the carb lightly, maybe use a screwdriver to backwards in your hand to lightly tap on the carb bowl with the handle. but, it would be better to clean or replace the needle. I have the same atv and the needle is rubber tipped. and mine was sticking too. just cleaning mine did the trick so far. hadnt stuck again. but my screws are not ground off so I could take my float bowl off easily.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

So i went to Harbor frieght and picked up a $8 screw extractor set and got the screws out and found that the pin that the float swivels on was in a bind. How that happened not sure but.....So went to Lowes and matched up the screws and put it back on and my boy has been riding the dog sh-t out of it all this weekend with no problems.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Glad your issue is resolved. I'm considering either a Taotao 135D or a Coolster 125. I believe they are the same unit. Can you give a review on the machine? Also where did you buy it from?

Old 03-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

what are you looking for in a quad? I can tell you about mine if you'd like. but I got mine used. 2011 model 3125R coolster. the great news is parts are avail. on ebay cheap if/when something craps out on ya.

I got mine for $240 in nonrunning condition. lady said it would start sometimes, sometimes not. then sometimes would quit while riding and not restart. yep. sounded perfect to me too. she offered it for $300 talked her down to $240.

long story long, ill list out what i found.
the ignition switch had high resistence (60+ohms) unless I held it in a certain position. and, one of the female terminals for the power into the ignition switch was spread. those two explain why it would start sometimes, then cut out over bumps. one of the male terminals was also halfway backed out goin to the regulator, but Im not sure it was causing any problems. I went through all the wiring to make sure its all good while I had the body off. and fixed those issues. (the ignition switch was $12 shipped off ebay) and soldered in a new inline fuse, and cleaned up all the routing of the wires. after fixing those issues, figured out that the starter relay was bad. it previously didnt have power to the solenoid. now with power and ground still wouldnt crank. so got a new relay too. $12 shipped.
also took off the carb and dissasembled and cleaned it too.

another issue was the reverse bulb on the body was burned out. bought a set of those again off ebay $10 shipped. the neutral light was bad out of the envelope it came in, but the reverse was good. so i swapped the green lens to the orig. neutral bulb and now they both look new.

another issue i figured out after I had it running is the left rear axle is bent. wobbling wheel. pretty common with these chinese quads. I havent messed with tthat yet. its only an issue if you leave the throttle governer out, and go to top speeds. then you can feel the wobbling/vibrations. for me, it wont be an issue cause when I have my son trained on it, he'll only be goin maybe 15mph top speed. today I used my gps on my phone to track where we went and record the speeds along the way. says top speed we hit was 22mph. Id say thats not topped out. prolly could get another 5mph out of it. but that is with me riding my son in front of me. I weigh 175 and he weighs bout 50lbs geared up.
thats why I asked how it would be ridden. cause with both of us on it, its fine, but could use a better rear shock/spring to support our weight. if it were for me, 3 shocks would be first thing to do.
the rear brake works awesome.
the front brakes Im still working on. the adj.s were all the way in when I got it, obviously the orig. owners never used the front brakes. I adj. them out and it works now, but is pretty hard to pull the lever. no way a kid could use the front brakes. but Im not sure if something is wrong causing the cables to be hard to pull. they return quick. so I dont think the cables are having a hard time moving in the housing. have yet to pull the front wheels off and look at the brakes. might be all rusty in there?
has a brake light and rear running light. the headlamps are pretty good.
it does have pretty good power. I imagine if I only weighed like 75 lbs it would be alot faster/quicker.
the suspension is really lame, but remember these are made to cruise around the yard. not a trail machine. and def. not a jumping quad. lol. but I have some hills, and large piles that we have been riding up and over and it seems to do pretty good there too.
the grips suck. hard as a rock. $12 new grips.

obviously you shouldnt have the problems mine had buying it new, but I shared all that so you could see what maybe to expect after a couple years of owning one. or buying a used one that was not taken care of.

I think I got a great deal, and do really like the machine. right now got about $350 into it all together. new at a dealer by me they are $800 assembled with a 90 day warranty on parts/labor. seen them on ebay for cheaper shipped, but you gotta deal with putting it together and figure out /coordinate the shipping part of it.

oh yeah, fyi the model # is 3125R. the R is for reverse. make sure you get one with reverse, cause they do sell them w/o reverse.

any specific questions you can contact me

irocss85@att.net

chris

Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

didnt have a need for the back rack yet. so i left it off. hes 5. just for a reference.