1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma 50 cc quad cuts out plz help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question kazuma 50 cc quad cuts out plz help

Hello every one I love riding off road vehicles & every time I ride my kazuma quad it runs great 4 about 5 minutes then it starts acting like its running out of gas i have to feather the throttle to make it home I took it riding the other day & it was kinda far well it died 5 times,sometimes when it dies it acts like the battery needs to be charged if I wait like 5 minutes it will start right up . Don't understand why it won't run right n it's a real bummer not being able 2 ride with out running into problems.Any help will be appreciated very much Any one with a manual please send it to me my email is purityizzme2@gmail.com or any expert advice can be directed to email addressed mentioned herein.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

so, after you initially start it, does it bog down and you have to feather the throttle? after riding 5 mins, does it just bog down and die or does it stay running? after running awhile and then dying, how long does it sit before starting back up? so, you're thinking that it is electrical? what do you mean by "battery needs charged" after it dies? barely turns over/cranks when you try it? have you cleaned the carb lately? have you removed the jets and cleaned them separately? does your fuel tank have a hose on the cap? if so, is it plugged up? your fuel tank needs to breathe and not reach equilibrium with the carb due to a vacuum being pulled on it. if no hose on cap, then blow air through the cap which probably has vent slits in it.
if you don't know how to clean a carb, here's a generic video that shows you the principles of cleaning at atv carb.

Old 08-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much for the video I will try that, reply to your questions when I start it it will run normal for 5 mins. or so then it will bog down then die if I don't feather the throttle it has a vented fuel cap, When it dies it wont start right up it acts like theres not enough power in the battery like a real weak battery but I know the battery is fully charged.If I take the cables off the battery n let it sit for a few mins. n replace cables it will start right up. I am going to try cleaning the jets ! So, I will let you know o.k. Thanks so much !

Old 08-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you may try cleaning the battery terminals along with the battery cables. the reapply them and spray that red anti-corrosion spray on there that's made for battery posts.