1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Starting issues 110cc

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 02:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting issues 110cc

Hello all. Me and my son we out riding when his 110 suddenly died. He cranked and cranked and nothing, had gas so I tried, then it stopped cranking too. There's no clicking or anything when I hit the start button, when I Jump post on the solenoid it spins over but won't start. Checked for spark and I have none (which is probably why it died to begin with). I have juice to starter button, and seem to be getting juice to solenoid. Don't seem to have any loose or broken wires anywhere. Any clues what to check?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

The wiring on these quads is not the best, what I would do is check to make sure nothing has become loose or detached, there are many safety switches that fail easy on these as well. Also the plugs are cheap and can foul easy, if you can remove it and get the number off it you can cross it over to an NGK and replace it which is what I do for Chinese quads that i've repaired.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well after doing some searching I decided to remove the safety wire from the CDI, now I have spark but it's a weak one. So I ordered a new coil and spark plug. While I'm at it I'm putting a new filter and fresh oil (definitely overdue). Start button isn't working so I ordered a new solenoid, pretty sure that's what it is. As far as things coming loose I've checked every connection I could find and I couldn't find any loose connections. So hopefully with the new plug, coil, and solenoid it'll fire up.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:43 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

While your waiting for parts i would pull the wire harness or do it on the machine. Find all the junction points under all the tape and re solder them all. I found several on my machine that were coming apart from their poor cold solder joints.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Zrock
While your waiting for parts i would pull the wire harness or do it on the machine. Find all the junction points under all the tape and re solder them all. I found several on my machine that were coming apart from their poor cold solder joints.

Will do when I have a little more time, a lot going on this week. Changed spark plug and coil, got a strong spark now. Also put on a new air and fuel filter (needed them), and a new starter solenoid. Still getting nothing when I push the starter button, when I jump the solenoid it'll spin over and I get a strong spark but it won't start. I noticed that there is a short in the key switch, going to order another one. Any chance this could be my problem? I thought as long as I had spark and gas it should run?

Also I checked all connections and I can't find any loose, or broken wires.

Gonna change a couple more things just for the hell of it, parts for this thing is dirt cheap. If changing the ignition switch, cdi, rectifier, and left switch assembly doesn't do it ($23 worth of parts) I'll just bring it to someone to get fixed.