1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Tao Tao ATA 125D Ran, Quit, now only 'CLICK'

Old 01-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao Tao ATA 125D Ran, Quit, now only 'CLICK'

Hello all, thanks in advance for any help and guidance.. Bought my son the Tao Tao T-FORCE 125D for christmas, went together rather well, and has run without issues both in the garage and in the field. He ran it for an hour the other day and it abruptly quit and I was unable to get it started again, towed it home until I could get a better look at it. I've checked the remote shut off fob, the safety switch on the handlebars (the one you attach to your body in case you fall off), and neither seem to be the issue. Whether I use the started button under the kill switch or the remote starter all I get is a single 'CLICK' without any motor/starter action. When I try to start without pushing the foot brake I get no sound at all, so I believe the safety interlock is working properly- but full disclosure, I'm no pro. Any thoughts or experience?

Old 01-17-2018, 03:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

If it stopped very abruptly, has he seized it? Check that there is some charge in the battery. Check the earth lead onto engine is OK. If you can, jump power directly across the solenoid (thick wire from battery to thick wire to starter motor) if it still won't turn over, remove a cover and see if you can turn the crankshaft by hand. If you can, it looks like a faulty starter motor.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this issue on my sons brand new Tao Tao, put it into gear, and then push down on the back with a lot of force and push it forward, like your push starting it, then try it, I think these things have faulty safety switches, usually just a click indicates that there is some sort of safety in place stopping it from turning over.