1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

oil doesn't go to top head

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default oil doesn't go to top head

how can I check for oil pump problem in my odes 400 cc with only 735 Km

Old 04-03-2018, 03:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Don't know anything about Odes, but if you are fairly sure oil isn't getting to cams, lubricate the cam bearings by hand and pour a little oil down the plughole. Then spin the engine (plug out) on the starter, takes ages for oil to reach cams, but if it hasn't in a couple of minutes, there is either a blocked oilway or an oil pump problem. You could remove the filter and see if oil comes out there, but you can't tell if it has any pressure. Either way the pump is going to have to come off and be checked for a broken drive or serious wear.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:17 AM
Trailblazer

dear merryman
thanks you for respond my request

Odes is Honda rancher 350 clone and all the parts of engine is same as honda . any way Iwill try the way you told me and let you know the result soon
I really appreciated

Old 04-03-2018, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default oil pump

Dear merryman
so to take the oil pump out for repair or replace . engine should come out of quad and go to bench to work on it or can be fix on the bike ?

Old 04-04-2018, 02:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Not if it is that close a Honda 350 replica. Forget all that I wrote about oiling the cam, it is a pushrod engine, so rocker cover off, and watch for oil coming up the oil hole, and squirting a bit of oil on rockers, while spinning on starter.

To get at the oil pump, you remove the front diff mounting bolts, shove it forwards, and get the prop shaft out. Remove the clutch cover and the oil pipes underneath. The oil pump sits in there, held by two or three bolts.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Trailblazer
Default Oil pump or something else

hellomerryman
I didtest something else to see what is working or not for oil issues
I openfilter and see the oil pumping out of engine going to radiator and shooting outto engine from other side of hose . but oil dos not going back to filter topass filter and go bake to top cylinder all those action I test was with crank engineby switch and starter . so now do you think is oil pump or something else ?maybe is oil screener or no . I really appreciated if you respond me soon becauseI decided to take it to mechanic tomorrow " Sunday morning " to check it and tell me what is wrong

thankyou so much
jerry

Old 04-07-2018, 08:49 AM
Trailblazer
Default picture

i try to post picture showthe how far oil is going to my engine

Yellow color is show oil going to hose an radiator

also coming out of hose from radiator

but doesn't go back to filterand going to top cylinder

Attached Thumbnails oil doesn't  go to top head-lubration.png  
Old 04-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

"oil dos not going back to filter topass filter and go bake to top cylinder"

Not sure what you mean by the above. If oil is coming out of the oil cooler, the pump is working, though how much pressure it produces is uncertain. Like I wrote above. I have had the rocker cover off a Honda 350, spun it on the starter, and thought oil was never going to appear, but it did, eventually.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:36 AM
Trailblazer

hello merryman
I post picture to demonstrate the action I did take yesterdayI don’t know did see that picture or not any wayoil not should go back tofilter and after circled in filter going to cylinder ? if it is not I should open top had cover and try it thatway . the only thing is scary for me when is not oil going to top if I traywith start and crank the motor is going to damaged anything in engine ? I said is only 735 km on it and the problemstart according to seller said oil filter was wrong way and that is why hadproblem i dont know if is posibel to call you and talk to you on the phone or not
thanks again for your help

Old 04-08-2018, 02:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider

From the drawing, it looks like oil is sucked up from the sump to the pump, then goes to the filter housing, where the flow splits, some goes through the cooler to the gearbox, some direct to the crankshaft via the clutch cover. Not sure which route oil for the rockers takes. The filter is open one end, this faces outwards, note the matching hole in the filter cover, which leads to a gallery and then back into the clutch housing through the hole with the O ring round it.

I am in England and not too good at explaining over the phone anyway, always think I could have explained better, after putting the phone down. On-line, I can go over and improve things before posting.

Quick Reply: oil doesn't go to top head