2) Chassis problems.. If your quad runs but you have other problems.. post in here.

Kazuma Falcon 110cc "Deluxe" A-Arm(w/ Ball Joint) removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Falcon 110cc "Deluxe" A-Arm(w/ Ball Joint) removal

Title really says it all.

The ball joint has a square, 12mm shank, then threads, there is a lock nut on the threads, then the ball joint, I assume, threads into the black knuckle. I assume it threads because the lock nut that was seated against the knuckle. A wrench just slides around the square sides with a cheater, with no hope of it unscrewing. I've backed the lock nut off as much as I can until it ran out of threads and started digging into the square shank of the ball joint, but it continues to spin on the shank, and the shank never budged. Is there something I'm missing? The ***** on the opposite side are worn too, and I'd like to replace them, but if they're IMPOSSIBLE to separate from the knuckle, then I HAVE to buy the whole assembly.. Which doesn't make sense because I found on kazumausaparts the A-Arms with ball joint installed for $40 a piece. So I could do the other side for ~80 vs ~115 for the whole assembly. (Links provided at the bottom)
I'm ordering a whole new assembly for this side, but I want to know how the A arm and ball joint separate from the black steering knuckle? I intend to get new ball joints, or ball joints in new a arms if I can't get new *****. I've contacted kazumausaparts but haven't got a response yet. So I'm asking here too to see if anyone knows. This is my first time working on this quad, I've always just trusted it, and it's never let me down yet. It's rolled a few times, thrown me off, and others, but it's still a GREAT unit. But the front right(Shown) hub was sticking out at the bottom. So the tire was kicked out at the bottom and would cause it to be harder to steer. So.. Where do I go from here?

Links that were mentioned:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kazuma-Falc...a334%7Ciid%3A1

https://www.kazumausaparts.com/site/category/4719

Old 03-30-2020, 02:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 329 Likes on 320 Posts

I don't know that machine at all, but wonder if they have used thread locker as "insurance" to keep the ball joints tight in the steering knuckle. I would get the best fitting open ended spanner you can for those flats, then heat the knuckle on the threaded part with a blowlamp, right round, and see if the thread starts to loosen.