3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

One dinli questions, one tao tao

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One dinli questions, one tao tao

Figured i'd get both my questions knocked out and save some space. The first one is about a dinli Trex 90. Runs greats, except at WOT after about 10-15 secs, then just falls on its face, and usually dies. Kick is over, starts right back up, and runs fine again, only affected at WOT, no where else. When it doesnt stall afterwards, takes about 10 seconds, and is ready to run again. Any suggestions?

Next question is about a little 2007 tao tao 110, i want to get rid of the kill pull cable in the back (safety lanyard?). Would i be correct in assuming that if i just cut and capped off both wires, that would do it, or do i need to cut both wires and wire them together. Having a hard time finding a wiring diagram for the little quad. And also finding a service manual.

thanks for all your help!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tm81
....first one is about a dinli Trex 90. Runs greats, except at WOT after about 10-15 secs, then just falls on its face, and usually dies. Kick it over, starts right back up, and runs fine again, only affected at WOT, no where else. When it doesnt stall afterwards, takes about 10 seconds, and is ready to run again. Any suggestions?
Sounds like you're running out of fuel. Check your gas cap vent, and check for free flowing fuel at the carburetor by pulling off the gas line and letting it drain into a container.

....Next question is about a little 2007 tao tao 110, i want to get rid of the kill pull cable in the back (safety lanyard?). Would i be correct in assuming that if i just cut and capped off both wires, that would do it, or do i need to cut both wires and wire them together. Having a hard time finding a wiring diagram for the little quad. And also finding a service manual.
Disconnect the wires. Usually there is a connector about 6 inches from the tether switch that connects into the main harness. Unplug this connector and your done.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the tip on the tao tao, unplugged that connector tonight. And gas flows freely from the dinli. I have a shorty line on the tank vent, and doesnt seem to be obstructed at all. Is there a carb setting that can be adjusted for this? Appreciate the help.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looks like im down now to just the dinli. I've had it with the tao tao. Burnt up its second starter today, on top of the fact that before that, i havent been able to get it to start for months! Man these little chinese quads are frustrating.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like im down now to just the dinli. I've had it with the tao tao. Burnt up its second starter today, on top of the fact that before that, i havent been able to get it to start for months! Man these little chinese quads are frustrating.
i agree w/Lynn on this one. sounds like it's running out of fuel. tell you what: fire it up and run it like you have been. as soon as it dies and starts to spit/sputter, block in the petcock valve. pull the bowl off of the carb and see if it still full of fuel or if it's empty. that'll tell us if the float is keeping up with the demand from WOT. if fuel does exist under this condition, , i would've leaned towards the vacuum lock on the fuel tank that's already been discussed. hmmm....

Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, ill try that this weekend. Thanks for your help, and ill post back as soon as I have more information. Really appreciate it!

Old 07-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

It was the cdi. After completely stripping the dumb thing down, cleaning everything, checking every wire, of course, it was the $4.95 ebay part.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for reporting back .

Finding out the final solution builds up the knowledge base .