3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Loncin Auto Clutch Failure

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I understand

Thanks, I understand completely. I would imagine that you could be overwhelmed by phone calls! I will let you know if I need further help once I get further into the project. You have been a great help so far since I have no experience with quads!
I will try first to adjust the clutch per your instructions, and may have to remove the cover to further see what damage there is inside. It remains a mystery to me how the clutch could be so unresponsive. I still wonder if I might have sheared off a drive key or a gear connection to the crankshaft or transmission shaft! I cannot understand why the engine was not bogged down by the parking brake when it over revved. I would think that over revving would tend to lock up the clutch and resist the parking brake big time! I will repost when I have more information.............

Old 06-19-2011, 12:57 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ccrider966
Thanks, I understand completely. I would imagine that you could be overwhelmed by phone calls! I will let you know if I need further help once I get further into the project. You have been a great help so far since I have no experience with quads!
I will try first to adjust the clutch per your instructions, and may have to remove the cover to further see what damage there is inside. It remains a mystery to me how the clutch could be so unresponsive. I still wonder if I might have sheared off a drive key or a gear connection to the crankshaft or transmission shaft! I cannot understand why the engine was not bogged down by the parking brake when it over revved. I would think that over revving would tend to lock up the clutch and resist the parking brake big time! I will repost when I have more information.............
Thanks for understanding.. with a 3yr old Im overwhelmed most of the time..

If it was me Id take it apart.. any of the things you said are possible.. but you gotta get inside to know for sure..

Old 06-19-2011, 01:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Id think if you went to youtube and did a search for "chinese quad clutch replacement" you would get to see someone take it apart..

Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok....Are you really a chinese pow? I wonder where you are located also. I am a retired engineer who ran a model shop with a lot of machines like yours and wish I had some of them but i am too old to start now! I wish I had a bridgeport and a lathe and a band saw. All I have is welding equipment and drill presses!
I do have another problem with the carb I had to clean up to get it running because it was so gunked up inside. There were 2 brass jets inside and one had a "snoot" on it with cross drilled holes. I could not get the thinnest wire I had up through it and wondered if it was meant to pass gas up through it. Now the quad starts and runs but the throttle slide stop screw is all the way in and it still won't idle without working the throttle by hand! Makes me wonder if I got the slide in correctly or if the small jet with the "snoot" was meant to pass gas all the way through it!

Old 06-19-2011, 03:04 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Well not exactly.. but I did eat some pretty crappy food and live in a building that would be condemned here..humidity was stifling and I climbed 1000 stairs in the average day..(thats close to being a pow dont you think? ) .. Its a inside joke between myself and the other moderators here...Spent 7 weeks in the factory Jetmoto was usingwe had just developed a 350/400cc quad here and I was going there to get it all going..I came home in sept.2/08 and never went back.. The economy killed the whole thing..

Im in Newman, Ca.

Bridgeport mill and a Mori Seiki lathe are my 2 manual machines.. also got a Kitamura 1 cnc mill.. got it to engrave my name in stuff.. now ist my bread and butter..

And yes all those little holes need to be clear.. seems that one of my small drills from my #60-#80 drill set fits in them.. if you got those and a #1-#60 set you can drill out jets to make the size you want.. ALL Chinese quads are jetted insanely lean from the factory.. its so they can pass the CARB/EPA tests..

simple math gets you a jet size.... say youve got a 120 main jet.. its hole is 1.20x.03937 (1mm)= .047 dia thru hole.. a 57 pilot jet is .57 X .03937= .0224 thru hole..

Old 06-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No Clutch Adjustment

Hi...Maybe this will tell you something. I loosened the nut and tried to adjust the clutch slotted screw and it just turned freely and would not travel inward or ever tighten! It just turns either direction and does not appear to move in or out! I imagine that something is missing inside that contacts the screw. I will get into that eventually when I remove the housing. What do you think happened?
I am pretty busy today mowing and trimming the fence row getting ready for cows to be delivered to graze my field. I live on a small farm and collect antique tractors in Missouri. It is hot here today and we had lots of rain this week.