3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Tao 125 cc questions

Old 03-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Mike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao 125 cc questions(coolster 125?)

Hey guys Mike here
I was given a TaoTao(Coolster 125) 125cc quad because it wouldn't start and the kids that were working on it had no idea how to get it to start
long story short I melted the starter trying to get it to run when I finally got it running the starter gave out so I ordered a new one but the only way to start it is to jump the solenoid but there's two wires that go to the solenoid other than the main starter wire from the battery and into the starter the two small wires I was able to poke a Power Probe into and get the solenoid to kick over and actually transfer the power so that means that the starter push button switch does not receive or send out power how would I test this and what would I do to track down those wires coming from the starter solenoid to the switch on the handlebar?

I ordered a new carburetor because the old one was extremely dirty and I can't quite get it to run right so I figure a new carburetor might just be easier than trying to figure out what's going on with the old one.

also the rear brake cylinder squirts fluid out all sorts of different directions and I couldn't believe the brakes to get the rear caliper to work so I ordered a whole new rear brake master cylinder hose and caliper with pads for like 20 bucks on Amazon easier than trying to fix just the caliper or the master cylinder itself I prefer just the bolt on new parts anyway.

anyway my main questions are how to adjust the carburetor if need be for idle or rich or lean conditions and how to track down the cause of the starter button not receiving or sending power back from the solenoid also the two wires coming out of the solenoid when I poked one with a Power Probe is shorts out so that must be a ground the other one when you poked at 12 volts to it makes the solenoid click over and start it so I need to trace that back for the switch so if anybody knows an easy way to do that I appreciate the knowledge.
also if there's any diagrams on how to work with the front brakes before I try taking it apart would be greatly appreciated because it has dual cables and I think a switch to activate starting but I would like to know some things about it before I try pulling it apart.
thanks y'all sorry for the long post Mike.

Last edited by Tattoomike; 03-13-2018 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Not sure if it is same brand
Old 03-13-2018, 09:59 AM
Mike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also can anybody tell me which plug is which for the engine oil and for the transmission oil and how do how much do you use to fill the transmission and where to fill a transmission from

Old 03-17-2018, 10:11 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I always choose teh wrong drain bolt on the machine. Take them out slow as one has a spring and ball on it. If you take the wrong one out just put it back no big deal. The fill is on the back right of engine and fill sight glass on front right..