3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Help with sizing for a kid...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with sizing for a kid...

So my video game loving soon to be 10 yo kid now wants a quad after riding a friends Grizzly 125 Yamaha. I figure I should get him one to get him out of the house, plus I figure a Chines Quad is perfect to get him to learn basic mechanical skills and it's easier on my pockets.

Trying to research these quads, it looks to me like they run smaller than the Japanese quads. This is based on videos on youtube. And being I can't find a local Chinese quad dealer or even find a atv dealer that's open these days, it looks like I have to order online.

Can you good folks tell me about sizing? I'd like to get him something he can use into middle school. Also are there anything I need to know about ordering online? It seems all these online dealers have terrible reviews.. Dealer recommendations would be great too.

Thanks all!

Old 05-09-2020, 08:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 305 Likes on 299 Posts

Chinese stuff is probably best avoided unless you want to spend a lot of time fixing it with no spares back up. Trouble is most of the Japanese makers offerings are overpriced and slow. Their older models were better but prices are rising as people realise this and go for LT80s instead of LTZ90s. I think Kazuma have a fairly good reputation, and some sort of spares back up, but I don't know exactly what size their stuff is. They did, maybe still do, make one using LT80 plastics so it must be about LT80/Grizzly 125 size. Apache are a bit bigger and that 90cc two stroke in the basic models is pretty good, but their prices are creeping up towards the Japanese makers for new ones, used Apaches can be got for reasonable money. The Honda 90 is an often neglected model, a little bigger than the Grizzly/Breeze. Used ones sometimes don't make much if they need work, and they are a fairly simple machine with good spares back up, if a little slow compared to the two strokes.

Old 05-09-2020, 08:59 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

My daughter has a 125 taotao and it fits her pretty good... She is taller and bigger than most kids her age. I would stick in the 125-150 are in the import market.. I have owned a few of them and not had any issues with them other than a plugged carb after sitting for the winter and that was a cheap fix i just ordered a new carb. The only thing i have noticed on the imports is the tires leak down over a month or so but thats no big deal. I ordered mine from a dealer online and he was great pre sales but after sale support was crap but thats to be expected as they make no money on these. If you can find a used brand name locally that would be your best bet but depending on your area they can be impossible to find as they are not allot of parents that will go drop 3-5g on a new machine for their kid. I prefer the import stuff at least until my girl stops growing so fast and i see them selling for a few $ less than what i paid for this one new. Already have a full size machine for her when she is big enough to ride it..