CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oregon riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon riders

Have you lived elsewhere & is Oregon the "best" state you've been too? For riding & living in a nice place.
Thanks

Old 05-31-2004, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

While i dont live there, i have several friends that live there. Its a nice place to live but there are some restrictions on atv's. Lots of greenies live in oregon too. I believe the best atv state is either nevada or idaho. While nevada is bleak and dry, idaho is nicer. Any state besides california is better for atv'ers, lol.

Sean

Old 05-31-2004, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

I'm just soooo tired of here I need a change. I think I'm having a midlife crisis!

Old 05-31-2004, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

I have lived in michigan, Idaho and now oregon. as far as riding. its a toss up between Idaho and oregon. oregon has more areas of sand to ride. but, Idaho has the best place to ride. oregon you can ride sand all year. Idaho gets shut down by snow after november. and jetsnow is right, there is no shortage of tree huggers here in oregon. I do like it here better than I liked living in michigan. a friend of mine took me to snow ski in michigan once. it was a man made hill of garbage with 4' of dirt on top. then he came out here and skied in utah. now he comes here every year to ski.

Old 05-31-2004, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

How bad are the tree huggers though?

Does it rain alot there?

Old 05-31-2004, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

well, it depends on what part of the state you live in for rain fall. if you live in the western part. yes, it rains alot. all winter long. I dont mind it much. its mild climate compared to where you live. I realy do not notice the huggers that much. other than the restrictions on the sand.

Old 05-31-2004, 05:00 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Oregon riders

You will be happier a bit more to the west.

I am

Old 05-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

my brother drove truck for awhile & said Oregon was the best state he'd seen. I saw a thing on History channel about these historic bridges in Oregon too. It just looks so much nicer than here. I'm desperate for a change.

Old 05-31-2004, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

Ya dont have to shovel rain. Its not that bad. But if you chose to live west of the cascade mountains, it rains more. The east of the cascades is more desert.

Cost of living is less east and south further away from the Willamette Valley area (Portland/Salem/Eugene).

Oregon is a nice place to live. Has a stable economy and the people here are mostly friendly. I chose to move back here from California. I have been all over the place and the only place I like better is Alaska, but that doesnt offer what my family wants (they dont like the long nights and snow/cold all winter).

I live in Vancouver, which is just out of Portland Oregon. I work in Oregon and almost all of my recreation is done in Oregon.

Recreation wise, living in Oregon, I have honestly snow skiid and gone wakeboarding and jetskiing on the same day. You can ride a variety of terrains and Oregon has it all here. Snow. Sand. Mountains. Green trees. Desert. Lakes. Rivers. Fishing and hunting. Big city life. Small town appeal. Ranching. Hi Tech. And it is all pretty close together.

Tree huggers. Yep, there are a fair share of them here. But they are mostly heard of in the news. Oregon is a progressive state. We have had our problems, but I see alot of change going on here. Go to Oregon Website and browse around a bit. Riding wise, go seeOregon Dunefest click here and look here for some of our sand and riding fun times. Its fun.

Hope this helps and gives you some info.

Look us up if you make it this way!

Old 05-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

I've visited about every city in the USA. Some, I've even stayed for more than two weeks at a time. I like Oregon, and in my opinion, the has the best sand on earth! Nice, washed uniform sand is the perfect sand for duning. We do get rain, but not as much as everyone thinks - which is why we like to keep that rumor alive.

Quick Reply: Oregon riders