Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New cat has one less life.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New cat has one less life.

I'm new to the forum, and thanks to you guys I got my first wheeler, a cat. I had it four days, drove it nice and easy good break in time.
Then on the fith day I put 45 miles on it. Trails, fields, roads and then the mud pit. This is where it all went bad!!! Just in case you were wondering my 400 manu. 4x4 did not like beaing slammed into a 8" tree! Brought it back to the garage to asess the dammage. It wasn't good. Pushed the front bumper into the winch and the winch chushed my radiator. NOT HAPPY!!! It's at the dealers now beaing asessed for repairs. Also not looking good. They said it might be TOTALLED after a radatior kit, bumper, frame, multiple frontend parts and a clunky sounding drive shaft .. not to mention labor costs. All of this after shifting into 2nd for the last time and one 8" tree This my friends this is why I got insurance. Feeling pretty bad right now, wishing it never happened. Well don't laugh too hard. Hopefully I'll be back on the trails soon.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

we just did one not long ago that was nose dived off a cliff on to rocks and we had to repace the radiator, bars, stem, upper and lower a-arm, rim, frame, fenders, rack, and a bunch of small stuff and still only came to under $2,000 including labor.

Old 07-24-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear about your cat. just hope that your dealer is quicker then mine!! wish ya luck!

Old 07-24-2003, 06:32 AM
Trailblazer

Your lucky your here to talk about it if you had an impact like that your bloody lucky

Old 07-24-2003, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

least your ok, the quad can be fixed.

Old 07-24-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Insurance? Hope so. If not save on all the labour charges and just buy the parts and a service manual. Do all the work yourself and save a few grand...lol. It will be a learning experience and its good to know how your quad works.

Old 07-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Better put that fat thumb on a diet!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Sucks hearing about people that wreck there machines.....I have insurance, but i hope i never have to use it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Good luck with the kitty cat.....maybe give the dealer some cat nip and he might get it fixed faster for ya LOL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2003, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

What a bummer! At least you have 8 more lives left. Did it land on it's feet?

Old 07-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes I did stay on all fours, and me on the bike. Insurance adjuster will be at the dealars no later than wed, dealer hasn't called me yet.
All of my friends say that they hope that they total it and get a yamaha or a kawasaki My friend came off a tabletop jump with his big bear and landed perpendicular on the front bumper 5' off the ground and all that happened was that the rack got bent up and some plastic all wich he fixed by bending the rack back to it's origional position all ok now no problems. What gives with with my bike? 8" tree going slow, Just shifted into 2nd why so much damage? I didn't even come off of the seat when I hit. Am I green, or should this not have happened?

Old 07-26-2003, 02:16 AM
Range Rover

Hey bud I know exactly hoe you feel I did the same thing this spring but I added a deer in the equation I, ve been having withdrawls ever since but that will change soon I put my down payment on my new 650 LE on friday she,ll be in in september by the way sorry to hear about the bike there was 5700 dollars damage to mine lets see if you can top that I hope you didn,t get hurt and yes having insurance is a good idea this bikes a worth to much not to have any and if sothing should happen to the worst heaven forbid at least your leaving your loved ones with somthing take it easy but ride safe and ride hard P.S. junk the other one and get yourself a 650 you,ll thank yourself the next time you go through that mud and over the tree just kidding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New cat has one less life.