Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

650 doesn't want to start

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 650 doesn't want to start

Sounds like they didnt do a load test...they figured if it took a charge...it was ok. Thats not how a battery should be tested, and this is the perfect example why. Most batteries will take a surface charge, but only good ones will hold a voltage under load. It needs to be load tested, and any napa or auto zone will do it for free. Im not sure if the a/c dealer will cover the battery under warrentee, but you might be able to work something out, considering the grief youve been thru.

Old 12-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey i see you are from elk river. i got my 650 a.c. in july and in sept, i dumped it in 7 feet of mud and water. and then the motor turned slow and it was caused by the wheeler being upside down and released some of the acid out and i needed a new battery. it turned over slow but still started with the old battery. but the new one works great. i live in princeton. we should go riding sometime

Old 12-29-2004, 06:43 AM
Trailblazer

I brought my wheeler back into my dealer again on Monday, but before I went there I stopped at NAPA and had them test my battery. What do ya know, it's bad!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] So when I went to the dealer I told them they didn't fix it and I already brought it to NAPA and they tested it bad. The dealer just gave me a hard time and said it was fine the last time they had it and "it took a charge". I told them it doesn't matter, and the battery can still be bad. So he took it in the shop and said he would call me when he is done. I called them today to see where they at, and what do ya know. He's replacing the battery. But he can't just grab one that they have at the shop, oh no, he has to order it from Arctic Cat which will take 4 to 5 days. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just want a new battery and my four wheeler back. We'll see what he has to say when I go to pick it up at the end of the week. Maybe he will have an apology for being an idiot the first time.

Either way I will never buy anything from Anoka Ramsey Motorsports again, and I will tell all my friends not to either. Just cause I'm not some rich guy who buys a new toy from them every year they treat me like $hit.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Things will be fine when the new battery gets in. Im glad they decided to warentee it, sometimes they dont, on electrical stuff.
And lots of people assume, that if a battery takes a charge, its good. The true test is the load test. I would think with all the wheelers they see, and how busy they are, one or two will slip thru.
Ive bought two motorcycles and one quad and one sled from them...Im happy with the deals i got , but ive never used the service department.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondabuster
Things will be fine when the new battery gets in. Im glad they decided to warentee it, sometimes they dont, on electrical stuff.
And lots of people assume, that if a battery takes a charge, its good. The true test is the load test. I would think with all the wheelers they see, and how busy they are, one or two will slip thru.
Ive bought two motorcycles and one quad and one sled from them...Im happy with the deals i got , but ive never used the service department.
Harbor Freight has 100 amp load testers on sale right now for $19.99 and then you can test your own batteries. This is the same tester I used when I worked in the shop.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:06 AM
Trailblazer

Just wanted to let you guys know that my four wheeler actually starts now!!! They put the new battery in it and HOPEFULLY charged it correctly. They still refuse to admit that it was the battery, but it's all that they changed and it now cranks over pretty good. It does crank kind of slow, but if it doesn't start right away, it still has enough juice to keep cranking until it starts. I was also thinking about getting a cover for it. Then it might not be so hard to start after trailoring it.

Oh I also got my Dynatek CDI. Now if I could only get some traction around here to really test it. But we did just get some more snow, so maybe I can actually ride my sled this year.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Good to hear, see ya on the trails.