Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?

Originally posted by: Bear4570
Originally posted by: limrok
..Bear......the 650 has bigger outer splines than the 500 as i had to change a hub becuase i broke a brake caliper off ..and the 500 hub would not fit........just ..saying it wouldnt work.............no offence..........good riding......and by the way my 650 has been in the shop a few times but nothing major...........a belt and so on......but i have my reverse override disconected ..so if i am not carful i will burn the belt in reverse.................never have slipped it in low range going forward.and i wish i hada digital camra i wouls show u guys some rough riding..........lots of mud.......took us 4 hours to go..about 4 miles.............lots of heavy MUDDDDDDDDDDDD..........BUT THATS A GOOD THING....WINKING AT U......LOL...any belts i replaced have been my own fault.....and only in limp mode 2 times in 1300 kilos....and one was the 100 hour check up.......also ..the guy who broke the axle on the 500 ....what no waranty.............thaT SUCKS....

All I have to say is that 2 different on line parts catalogs show the same axles in the 400, 500 and 650, at least the part number is the same. Now thats for 2005, I didn't check the 2004 models.
Being bore this AM due to heavy fog and low 30s temps preventing a ride I looked up the axles again. There is a difference in the 400 and 500 axles compared to the 650 in the 2005 model line. However the axles in 2005 on all 3 machines are the same, so there has

Old 12-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

i guess u guys cant read.
hes not asking about how many people you can get on a quad hes asking about arctic cat relyabillaty.
so give it up already.

Old 12-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mudblaster
hes not asking about how many people you can get on a quad hes asking about arctic cat relyabillaty.
so give it up already.
I would think that the upgraded axles on the 400 and 500's would have to do with reliability, would they not? I mean bigger and stronger axles means less chance of breaking them.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: mudblaster
so give it up already.
I would think that the upgraded axles on the 400 and 500's would have to do with reliability, would they not? I mean bigger and stronger axles means less chance of breaking them.
i agree

Old 01-01-2005, 04:43 AM
Trailblazer

My cat doesnt get in my garage and hes pretty reliable i guess ive never seen a mouse in the house or around it. but mostly he usually just leaves muddy pawprints all over my ride!!!(im talking about a ***** cat not and artic cat)

Old 01-01-2005, 04:45 AM
Trailblazer

oh yeh and anyone who actually says "if your gonna be dum you gotta be tough" is a big pansy!

Old 01-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MYTRX250EXISBEST
oh yeh and anyone who actually says "if your gonna be dum you gotta be tough" is a big pansy!

Yeah or he is real tough because he's lasted a long time at making mistakes. Gee that could be me. I've been as stupid and dumb as anyone out there but and it's a big one, I was either smart enough to survive or lucky enough. I'll tell you how I can tell the smart part from the lucky parts. I have a lot of scars and parts of the body that don't work right anymore from the lucky times. The smart parts are just memories of some pretty wild rides that ended in a crash or whatever. How about a 110 mph blowover in a 16 foot boat, just a wild memory as I was strapped in the latest safety capsule and walked (swam actually) way from a totally destroyed boat. The capsules were still optional until the following year. The reason was that in 5 years we lost 5 racers in accidents once the speeds went over 100 mph. So being dumb is fine if you want to limp and hurt a lot when you get older, that is if you do. I lost several friends to being stupid on their part. Fortunately for me I don't have to live with knowing I killed someone from being stupid by an action on my part. So MYTRX250EXISBEST, when you live long enough to have a lot of memories, scars and limps, etc then I might just think you know what you are talking about, but then again you have to survive and at this point it is doubtful.

Old 01-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: MYTRX250EXISBEST

Yeah or he is real tough because he's lasted a long time at making mistakes. Gee that could be me. I've been as stupid and dumb as anyone out there but and it's a big one, I was either smart enough to survive or lucky enough. I'll tell you how I can tell the smart part from the lucky parts. I have a lot of scars and parts of the body that don't work right anymore from the lucky times. The smart parts are just memories of some pretty wild rides that ended in a crash or whatever. How about a 110 mph blowover in a 16 foot boat, just a wild memory as I was strapped in the latest safety capsule and walked (swam actually) way from a totally destroyed boat. The capsules were still optional until the following year. The reason was that in 5 years we lost 5 racers in accidents once the speeds went over 100 mph. So being dumb is fine if you want to limp and hurt a lot when you get older, that is if you do. I lost several friends to being stupid on their part. Fortunately for me I don't have to live with knowing I killed someone from being stupid by an action on my part. So MYTRX250EXISBEST, when you live long enough to have a lot of memories, scars and limps, etc then I might just think you know what you are talking about, but then again you have to survive and at this point it is doubtful.

For the last time dude get over yourself I am sure there are people in the world that have done stupider and wilder stuff then you have. My friend have you ever heard of Evil Keneviel? Got rich by doing these dumb and wild things. Though he has paid the price asw many others that follow up will.

Old 01-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: [b]LimeGreenCat

For the last time dude get over yourself I am sure there are people in the world that have done stupider and wilder stuff then you have. My friend have you ever heard of Evil Keneviel? Got rich by doing these dumb and wild things. Though he has paid the price asw many others that follow up will.
Isn't interesting that you guys first tell me I'm a pansy and have more accidents because I'm old and perfect. Now you bitch because I not perfect and have had accidents and lived. Damn, I wish I was young again so that no matter how stupid I acted or how stupid the things I said I would still be smarter than everyone else. That's because I would have no experience to base the "smartness"on. It must nice to never see your own faults. Forrest Gump had it right about you guys.

Old 01-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

.... Forrest Gump had it right about you guys.
Bear - ya gotta let the cheap remarks go right past you. Nobody changes anybodys mind in these forums - and nobody is going to make some punk kid a man that is respected by other men by telling him how stupid he is. You can even show them how stupid they are and they wont beleive what they see in the mirror.

You and I both know that the dissrespectful youth will never accomplish anything greater then their drivers license so please don't expect more then that. You and I may have done some pretty spectacular stunts in our time - but that was for our types - not theirs. We know to bow when passing the grave yard.

Some people watch things happen, Some people make things happen. Thats the way its always been.

If anything - at best you can only hope to awaken people to information they don't have - and pray that they are smart enough to change their own minds.

Ironic isn't it .

Quick Reply: Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?