Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Heated grips Burned up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated grips Burned up!!!

I opted for $32 set of hand gaurds that break the wind and keep the fingers a little warmer. Plus they keep those pesky branches from smacking into those fingers (which hurts when they are cold). Very easy installation and no wiring!

SJ

Old 01-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I picked up a pair of the handle bar muffs for $25 at Sportsman Warehouse. With Thinsulate gloves on I have hands that stay plenty warm as no wind gets into the glove and coat seam.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

Im not trying to deter anyone from buying these heated grips and thumb throttle, justing letting everyone know of my experiance with them. I also want to express my dissatisfaction with Arctic Cat in the way they treat their customers. If a part is going to be non warrentied if installed by a do it yourselfer then it should be explained in the paperwork or even before you buy them. I take great pride in doing the stuff i do on my machine. The directions are not hard to follow its just the time and the dis-assembly of the atv that takes time. My dealer is not right next door, its a 45 min drive , so figure that money on top of the dealers charge for install , its not really worth it for a 30 day warrenty!!!!! Mr tommy maybe you will have better luck with your set , they are really nice. Honda buster im not saying they are all bad but i feel the set i have does have a problem, when you follow the instructions to a T then double check everything . Whodatindamud definitly go ahead and put them on , i was a little uneasy at first but after doing it they went on great,the thumb throttle is the hardest part, you have to melt the rubber/plastic cover over thumb throttle, other than that it was straight forward. You know it is sad that you are penalized these days for doing things on your own. I think A/C should take a lesson from the home depot/ lowes of the world that promote doing things yourself or the pep boys / autozones of the automotive world . I will buy more accesories if i spend less money on installation .