Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

dealer ordered H1!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer ordered H1!!!

i went to the dealer today and they told me that they were able to put in an order in for an H1 finally. he said it will be there mid to end of march. they will only be getting one and its a limited edition all black model, aoutomatic only. also he told me that the regular H1 model will be cheaper than the v twin.

Old 01-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Did you buy it?

Old 01-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Trailblazer

cant buy it yet. it will be in the showroom in march. he said hed call as soon as it gets in so i can have first shot.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: redryder1
cant buy it yet. it will be in the showroom in march. he said hed call as soon as it gets in so i can have first shot.

I can't believe he won't let you put a deposit down on it and call you for the rest of the money when it comes in. A standard practice if you special order something.

Old 01-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Bear4570

I can't believe he won't let you put a deposit down on it and call you for the rest of the money when it comes in. A standard practice if you special order something.
yes, usually dealers will take a deposit on vehicles like this, but it sounds like the dealership owner is going to ****** up that H1, I would!

Old 01-29-2005, 02:52 AM
Trailblazer

i think you guys misundrstood. he ordered the bike ,not for me but for them selves and told me they would let me know when it came in for the first grabs. he didnt order it for me. just one they ordered to show. i just said i want to see it if its possible. i am friends with him so they will call me as soon as it comes in to check it out. BUT it wont be there till march.

Old 01-29-2005, 03:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i think you guys misundrstood. he ordered the bike ,not for me but for them selves and told me they would let me know when it came in for the first grabs. he didnt order it for me. just one they ordered to show. i just said i want to see it if its possible. i am friends with him so they will call me as soon as it comes in to check it out. BUT it wont be there till march.

Doesn't matter how he ordered it. If it is coming and they really planned on selling it to you, you would have been able to put a deposit down on it to hold it for you. I think lownrangr called it. They plan on keeping it themselves. If they don't like it you will get a call. Otherwise don't hold your breath.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

I think redryder1 just wants to look at it, not buy it. I'm in the same boat. I wanna see it, but I don't want to buy it. After all the hoopla, I want to see what Arctic Cat has actually designed.

Old 01-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

I too want to ride it before I make the decision between that and the V-2. I read on a few other forums that they may be using the KQ transmission. This is not a good thing as they're having reverse gear problems with the KQ's. I believe it's lack of lubrication, causing heat, and eventual seizure of the gear onto the shaft. Suzuki's band aid was to install a new ECM, limiting power output to 70-75% in reverse override mode, and then only for 60 seconds max. After which it will default to the non-override condition, for a certain amount of time. THEN you can use R.O. again. Not a fix by any means, they're using the ECM, to try to avoid going into the engine and replacing gears. I HOPE that AC isn't using this same set up, and if they are, I would rather see it released late and be fixed prior to delivery. The only saving grace is that AC has a 2 year warranty, the KQ has 6 months. I would rather deal with tweaking issues on the KAwi set-up that have the reverse fail internally. Still, if the V-2 had the Duramatic, I'd be riding one today.

Old 01-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer

ac is supposed to be puting the duramatic transmission on the H1. i cant remember the magazine it was in, but they showed the engine and tranny and it was a duramatic. he said that it will not be faster than the V twin but it will have more torque. this is what he had told me any ways. oh and mrtommy is right i just want to see it, not buy it.

Quick Reply: dealer ordered H1!!!