Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2005 Arctic Cat design flaws

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Arctic Cat design flaws

Has anyone noticed the poor design on the new Arctic Cats? The indentation in the fenders where the rack bolts collects water and mud. There is no way to get it out unless you blow it out with an air hose, etc. The gap around the headlights and the open back allows mud and muddy water to run down over the face of the light effectively "putting it's lights out". Riding in the dark through mudholes with your headlights covered with mud is a real pain. Anyone have a ideas?

Old 04-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Smitty,

Man are you in the wrong place this is Arctic Cat Heaven where everything AC touches is perfect. Get a life or better yet get some duck tape.

Shonk

Ps Not only that check out the Mickey Mouse way the light assy is attached to the body. Also don’t even think about backing up if you hung up. Learn to not only to like the smell of rubber you need to love liken it. OPPS excuse me up grade your clutch like real a man. A red spring here blue/spacers there and a different belt. Of course tools to adjust the deflection to perfection.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Smitty81503
Has anyone noticed the poor design on the new Arctic Cats? The indentation in the fenders where the rack bolts collects water and mud. There is no way to get it out unless you blow it out with an air hose, etc. The gap around the headlights and the open back allows mud and muddy water to run down over the face of the light effectively "putting it's lights out". Riding in the dark through mudholes with your headlights covered with mud is a real pain. Anyone have a ideas?
Two things, sell it if it's so bad and to keep the mud off you headlights in the dark, just slow down. BTW my 2005 400 cleans up real nice with just a hose if you get to it early. If not the pressure washer cleans it up just fine and the body is plastic, clean water won't hurt it. Sounds more like owner flaw and not design flaw. BTW Theshonk is just disgruntled because he allowed his dealer to screw him.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have the same problems i drilled a small hole in the indentations to let the water drain and i have not come up with any thing for the lights yet but i woulud like to here if any one else has it dose suck riding at night with mud over the lights

Old 04-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

Bear

You need to sell that leaky single wide.

Although your comments would make a magnificent sales promotion for AC.

[{ Sell it if it's so bad and to keep the mud off you headlights in the dark, just slow down. BTW the 2005 400 AC cleans up real nice with just a hose if you get to it early.}] LOL LOL BIG TIME

[{owner flaw and not design flaw }]

Like I said Smitty AC Heaven and don’t forget your flawed.

[{ just disgruntled because he allowed his dealer to screw him}]

AC and the dealer came through with a 2 year extend warranty for my troubles so I’m tickles and giggles as far as my fan issues.

Too much fun keep it coming Bear

Shonk

Old 04-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

Mud Child

Welcome to AV paradise you are flawed. Drill more holes and don’t forget the DUCKTAPE. Remember when you drive off the lot with your new unit you have allowed the dealer to screw you.

Shonk

Old 04-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

Welcome and good luck with your Cat. My mend is to simply keep my 2005 400 clean after riding making sure I hit all the area's that collect mud,dirt,h2o and ect.... why worry about it while riding? The lights have not been an issue for me however, I have a riding buddy who simply added a second set of "running" lights to his 400 for better night and mud hole illumination.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Shonk...I see a lot of negative feedback from you about the damn AC company....have you sold your quad yet? I respect your opinion but in my expierence if a person is that disgruntled with a product they learn from thier lesson and move on...just a thought....maybe a new machine from another brand would give you a sense of relief.

Old 04-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by:Nats Shonk...I see a lot of negative feedback from you about the damn AC company....have you sold your quad yet? I respect your opinion but in my expierence if a person is that disgruntled with a product they learn from thier lesson and move on...just a thought....maybe a new machine from another brand would give you a sense of relief.

Or a good poop. Geeesh Shonk.... lighten up a little. I wish my parachute was a reliable as my Arctic Cat(s).

And you can allways send a letter to Arctic Cat -

Unless nobody has told you - bitching in here changes nothing at AC.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

i have a buddy with an 05 650 and he holds his headlights in place with a bungy cord.
and his plastic is all cracked and broken from trail riding.
i said that the 05s plastic was junk befor and i got ragged on.
now someone else says it and he gets ragged on.
i had an 03 500 cat and i will say my honda is better then it was and my 700 p will eat the cat for lunch.
you want a great quad get the 700p they rule.
total kicka$$ quad.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer

I have an easy solutions....Ride during daylight!!! And tow behind a water tank you can use to spray mud off after you run thru a puddle...lol

Quick Reply: 2005 Arctic Cat design flaws