Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Congrats weez!! We just found out we are expecting baby #3!!! YES!!!!!

DeeDawg, hope you are enjoying your MN trip! Funny you were able to meet my wife! HOpe your parents 50th party went good too! I won't be able to head out on any ATV rides anytime, TRX 200 is down.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Catterman

Congrats weez!! We just found out we are expecting baby #3!!! YES!!!!!

DeeDawg, hope you are enjoying your MN trip! Funny you were able to meet my wife! HOpe your parents 50th party went good too! I won't be able to head out on any ATV rides anytime, TRX 200 is down.</end quote></div>

I had a great time, but of course it was both too short and too long.... Not enough time up there but too much time away from home.

I did get to meet your very lovely wife, and saw your three kids too!!! Also got to meet your cute clerk at the gym; nice going!!!! Of course I had to talk chit to her just to mess with her head!!! I didn't get to work out as much as I would have liked, but I appreciate you letting my use your gym. I returned the card yesterday; I put on the desk. Also left you two notes in your cash box by the door.

My parents 50th went very well, thank you.

If we had planned things better I could have gotten a loaner wheeler for you...

Old 09-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

dang i wasn't on for a while and completely spaced out. i went to rollag last weekend to the thrashing bee you know it is the worlds largest and this year was the john deere expo. you were up for the grygla bash dee? and congrats to you too catterman. when are you guys due? we are due the 17th of march. also this weekend i will be hopefully painting the fj40 land cruiser, weather permiting, but if i do i will get some pics up of before and after.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

weez,

I went to the Grygla mud run; I have some family that competes in all the races.... After the mud run we went to a friend's pond and had our own mud run. I'll post pics later....

Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Cousin's bikes

Old 09-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Name:  100_0932.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  152.2 KB

Old 09-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

ok guys i just got my rollon bedliner on the interior of the cruser, but just for you guys i put a pic in my photos of where it is at now. keep in mind i still gotta put on rims and tires lift kit winch and front bumper. so far i have painted it, bought a top, new steering wheel, carb rebuild, tuneup, rebuilt center arm, all new tie rod ends, new steering stabilizer, bedliner, seat covers, and this week i should get my center counsol. i do have a pic of when i brought it home but it is too big.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Trailblazer

took my wife and some friends up to spider lake this past sunday (thank you God for the lovely day full of rain) and we had a blast. only thing that saddened me is the mud hole that was in the NW gravel pit has turned from mud into slushy muck. its nice to live within 45 minutes of there. we plan to get up there every weekend until it gets too cold. we tried out the Forest Rider ATV Trails by Two Inlets, MN and they are pretty poor. i wouldnt suggest them to anyone. just a gravel road through the woods and the plains. we did nemadji and general andrews earlier in the summer, nemadji is about on par with spider lake if not better, a lot of fun and mud and winding trails through the woods. andrews on the other hand sucked and was pretty much sand trails next to a highway and some gravel roads with the occasional trail here and there. red dot and moose walk/run last year were a lot of fun. a little dry when we went but the scenery was beautiful. id like to go there after some rain sometime. maybe see some of you at spider in the coming weeks. going sunday this week. you see all the ACs youll know its us.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

by the way does anyone know much about the 400 model AC and a good tire for them? im leaning towards the Maxxis 'Zillas. anyone have experience with them? my last quad was a 650 V2 w/ mudlite XTRs and i loved them but theyre too spendy when i can get swamplites or zillas for much MUCH less. mid $500 for 4 tires 4 rims lugs and caps. im thinking 25's what do you think? will 26s rob too much power? both tires are only 3/4" lugs at 25 and 1" at 26+. thanks in advance.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

the 400 class arctic cat's are really reliable. i personally think that it is due to the fact that it has the same chassis as the 500 and well it doesn't have the power to be hard on itself. what year is it? doesn't the newer 400's come with 26's? i would put on whatever size is stock for that atv and i wouldn't rule out the mud lite's as they are a really good tire that is on the lighter side.

Quick Reply: The Minnesota riding & hunting thread