Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get together in Minnesota at Spider Lake on August 12-13

oof,

I am down to 2 weeks to buy a new wheeler so I can make it. I better start test driving instead of fishing and playing poker everyday.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: scooter1967
hey catterman-->

i checked with my friends again and sounds like there will be 4 of us.
my friends daughter wants to come along.

so it will be me and 2 of my friends and daughter.

i was thinging it would be nice if we could all where a vest like blazed orange or lime green.
that way we will know who is atv connection people
Sounds great, the more the marrier! I will wear a blaze orange t-shirt.

Plus, I am the tall skinny guy on a H1. Chumley was able to find me in a crowd with that description one time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

ok i been draggin my feet i didn't know spider lake was that close to me. 197 miles according to the gps. ummmmm hmmmm let me try to round up my posse and see if i can make this work from my end. and ok it looks like on my gps it is about 30 miles east of bemidji right? is that on the red lake reservation?

Old 07-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Catterman

Plus, I am the tall skinny guy on a H1. Chumley was able to find me in a crowd with that description one time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Indeed. That is a very accurate description.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

Sorry, guys, looks like I'm out for the ride, I was finishing up some work on my Wolverine, had a bad bearing on the side cover for the centrifical clutch, thought that was a source of a noise in my motor,but got it running, and there is a scuffing sound coming from the bottom end of my motor, and I don't have the time or the money to be tearing into the motor at this time. I will try to take it to the dealer to see exactly what the problem is, but I doubt I'll be riding any time soon. I will keep you updated if anything changes. Sorry for the short notice.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Got Milk!

Originally posted by: 95wolv
Sorry, guys, looks like I'm out for the ride, I was finishing up some work on my Wolverine, had a bad bearing on the side cover for the centrifical clutch, thought that was a source of a noise in my motor,but got it running, and there is a scuffing sound coming from the bottom end of my motor, and I don't have the time or the money to be tearing into the motor at this time. I will try to take it to the dealer to see exactly what the problem is, but I doubt I'll be riding any time soon. I will keep you updated if anything changes. Sorry for the short notice.
Oh sorry to hear that. Keep us posted and it would be great if you can make it.

Weez, it seems to be pretty close to Pequot Lakes, Pine River, and Backus. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Got Milk!

Once again, the campgrounds in Spider are first come first to camp. We will be at the north side of spider off hwy 2 (south side of hwy 2) in a sand pit with a good size camping area.

DIRECTIONS: From Motley, take hwy 64 north to county rd 2 (approx 30miles) and turn right, or east. About 5 miles on the right, you cant miss it, there are two gravel pits on the right, just look for all the vehicles, its right off the road. I will try to get it in more detail.

PEOPLE COMING FOR SURE:
Catterman 1
DeeDawg 2 or 3
deanz400 2 or 3
Scooter1967 4
Chumley 1
v2rider 1

I also invited some friends from Arctic Chat, so there might be a few from there as well.

Who all has tents or campers to sleep in???? I might need to shack up with someone too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Official start time is noon on Saturday, anyone going early to start riding??? v2, if it is still alright I might have you pick me up. I can be set to go anytime on Saturday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

My tent is big enough to hold two queen size air mattresses, and my wife is most likely not coming. Did you find yourself a ride yet catterman? If needed I can probably swing through St Cloud.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like I'm out guys ... sorry. I've got a friend that is shipping out for the National Guard on that weekend. Hopefully catch you guys for a ride next time!

Old 07-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Got Milk!

Originally posted by: Chumley
My tent is big enough to hold two queen size air mattresses, and my wife is most likely not coming. Did you find yourself a ride yet catterman? If needed I can probably swing through St Cloud.
Hey count me in for sleeping in your tent! I will let you know on the ride, I am right on the way for v2 I think, but if I need it I will let you know. Thanks!

Sorry to hear about it klier. Maybe next time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The Minnesota riding & hunting thread