Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Get together in Minnesota at Spider Lake on August 12-13

I expect to arrive between 10-11am. The wife doesn't wanna get there too early because she thinks she will be really sore if she rides all day long. Hmpf.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't wait !!!!!
we are all set up and ready to go we will leave around 10 am and get there before 11 am.
there will be five of us.....boyfriend and girl friend will ride together.

see you all there and hope you are all friendly .....and let me know who you are...lol

Old 08-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Where in the hel* were catterman and weez?????????????????????? Oh well, i can give Chumley shat for falling off his wheeler into the mud!!! LOL That was the funniest thing ive seen in a long time! I had a blast. We will have to do that again, hopefully soon, and hopefully everyone is on time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Oh well. Hopefully if you made it Catterman and weez, you had a good time. To bad i missed you.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

i'm sorry i didn't make it. we found out that my gf's friend had gotten into a car accident. how many ppl showed up? and did anyone take pictures? (ok that made me sound like catterman) and lol chumley fell off into the mud? thats great i wish i would have seen that.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh, sorry to hear that is she ok? I hope so. Anyway weez, if you would have shown up, i was going to say " I thought there wasnt going to be alot of women up here". LOL!!! And yes, it was hilarious to see chumley laying on his back in the mud!! His wife also got the Grizzly stuck, and i pulled a Polaris out of the hole. The CAT goes through it flawlessly!!!!! HAHAHA!! But for the record, the SP700 was completely stock, tires and all. The Grizz was in high gear, and lost power in the thickness of it. Mama didnt raise no dummy, i locked in the diff and 4x4 and went right through it, but i had it in low, and with the swamplites, i crawled through it.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

glad to hear you guys had a really good safe trip. and yeah she is doing ok now thanx for asking. and well we went up to canada to my parents cottage and well i got a pic i will put on right now in my profile of a buck i was feeding. and sounds like it would have been fun playing in the mud. oh btw how many ppl showed up?

Old 08-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

so how was the ride? mabe have a ride at red top in oct. how that sound??

Old 08-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

hello all,
just got back from the trip

it was a blast!!!!!!!!
i had lots of fun .espeacaily on sunday.

it was awsome to meat chumley and wife, catterman and tim, dean v. and wife.

everone seemed like we had new each other along time.
take care.
scott

Old 08-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

October sounds good for red top!!!! Start a new thread and see how many can make it. Just title it "October trip to Red Top" And scooter, its to bad i missed you. I also didnt see catterman, but i met Chumley, Dean and there wives, and a few othrs (im bad with names).

Old 08-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

v2rider, where the heck were YOU!?!. Catterman showed up around 2pm after some technical difficulty that I'll let him explain. We were all pretty surprised you never came back. I was under the impression that you were just heading back to the campground for something and then coming back. Poof, never saw you again.

Anywho, yeh, I totally messed up and got chucked off like it was my first day riding. How embarrassing. My cat chucked me off to the left, I landed on my back and slid on the sticky mud for I don't know how far. I jumped up quick as I could but v2 still caught me, I think the others missed it though.

We had a fun Saturday afternoon. After my wife BURIED the grizzly (She could have made it but I underestimated the hole and told her to go in high) we watched clueless motorcycle rider come up to the whole and drop in like a bag of rocks. It was HILARIOUS. Two of his buddies cam over to drag him out, but they did not succeed. I went over and winched his motorcycle out of the hole, and then the driver of the motorcycle was stuck too. His buddy had to drag him out of the hole. Shortly after that...a lil Suzuki Samurai showed up. We instructed him to stay away from the left side, so he drove through on the right, turned around and came back at us. Except he was still avoiding the left side, now on the wrong side of the hole, and he promptly dropped into the nasty and got his ignition wet and it died immediately. Extremely funny stuff.

Saturday was VERY dusty riding, but Sat night it poured. Sunday morning we had light rain, and we did some nice riding. We got caught in the rain again so we headed back for a light lunch. After lunch we had an AWESOME ride. We rode trails all over, there was NO dust at all and there were plenty of waterholes on the trails that we got to splash through. Sunday afternoon was about as good as it gets in my book. It was perfect temperature, great, great trails, and a very nice ride. My friends showed up Sunday morning too, so by then we had a total of three women riders there. DeanZ's wife hurt her wrist,(I still think she has a hairline fracture) so she didn't ride as much as she wanted to.

I had a blast and will gladly go again. Catterman has a few pics but thinking about it now, I can't believe none of us thought to get a group picture. DUH. I think there were 10 people was the max we had, but losing v2 and friend early and getting two more on Sunday would have us up to 14.

I want to thank deanz for helping with the air mattress and some mechanical stuff and scooter & tim for giving us a dry place to stand around and a hot place to cook some grub. Also, thanks to Catterman for the organizational stuff (as of now we still haven't found those goggles- what color were they again?).

Btw, my wife had as much fun as I did. You guys missed it this afternoon when she was plowing through waterholes like a madwoman, giggling like crazy.

When are we goin again?

Quick Reply: The Minnesota riding & hunting thread