Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get together in Minnesota at Spider Lake on August 12-13

Originally posted by: deanz400
Hey catterman no excuses now , were all friends here ,a little bit a of truth stretching is ok but no excuses,,,,,haha
Come on Dean, ever good hunter has the excuses all set and planned even before the hunt [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

Hey V2, where in Minnesota are you? I noticed your post about the overabundance of deer. There are a ton of deer here too.

Catterman,

I am going to lac qui parle this weekend goose and pheasant hunting. Its kinda a family outing otherwise I would send some invites to come with. But I will be down there alot again the rest of the fall after I shoot a deer if you are interested in some cold weather pheasant hunting.

Ryan

Old 10-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Got Milk!

That sounds neat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I am actually heading to Athens, Greece on Saturday and we will be there until November 7th. Then on the 10th - 12th I will be hunting in ND trying for the big one. Might not be able to deer hunt in MN at all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But I like my chances better in ND [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Catterman
Might not be able to deer hunt in MN at all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But I like my chances better in ND [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
If you lived up here you wouldn't feel that way. There are so many deer it almost seems dangerous to people on the road. I might just have to shoot a couple this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I live in Maple Lake, but i am referring to Spider Lake, north of Motley about 25miles. The deer literaly "flock" in fields!

Old 10-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

i am thinking nobody lives farther north in minnesota in here then i do and well yes there are LOTS of deer here as well. seems like all the way to work i am stopin and going stopin and goin you would almost think i live in the cities.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Got Milk!

Originally posted by: MNWolverine01
Originally posted by: Catterman
Might not be able to deer hunt in MN at all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But I like my chances better in ND [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
If you lived up here you wouldn't feel that way. There are so many deer it almost seems dangerous to people on the road. I might just have to shoot a couple this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Ya, lots of deer in MN too, but the per buck capita is a lot greater in ND. There you have to apply for a buck license in a lottory system and not many people get drawn, we get it about every other year at the most. And that to go along with a lot less hunters, equals more big bucks. The hunting it totally different out there too, you can drive with a loaded gun in your car, just as long as you don't have a shell in the magazine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] So you see a deer, you just jump out and blast away. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We have gotten several 10,12 pointers (not me though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ) in the past 10 years. Of course the year I only had a doe permit I say a double drop tine buck run out 10 yards from me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I shat my pants on that one...

We hunt up by Mayville and Hatton if you guys know where those towns are. In MN we go by Barnsville in zone 410. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I will be at Spider Lake this Saturday, and again next weekend for Deer hunting. Anyone else this weekend?

Old 10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: weez440
i am thinking nobody lives farther north in minnesota in here then i do and well yes there are LOTS of deer here as well. seems like all the way to work i am stopin and going stopin and goin you would almost think i live in the cities.
Really? Farther north than I am. What City do you live in Weez?

Old 10-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

out to lacqi laqarle pheasant hunting .so today is my thriday

Quick Reply: The Minnesota riding & hunting thread