Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

ditched the badlands, great so far NO LEAKS

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ditched the badlands, great so far NO LEAKS

Originally posted by: rango726
i was having the same problem was loosing air on my second trip out but not having the cash to put up for tires plus the wife would have killed me
this is why im afraid to get married... if i were you guys i would have told my wife im gettin these new tires wether you like it or not. im serious too. im not a b!tch a$$

Old 02-27-2006, 03:16 PM
7mm
Weekend Warrior

glad to see that you are acknowledging that there might be a problem here Bear as in a bad batch of tires. I was surprized that slime would not help Rango . I didnt use it cuz I didnt feel I should have to. It is also apparent that not all the badlands are doing this and you are happy with them, RIGHT ON I'm happy you got what you payed for . Its also appparent that it was the tires as my new ones dont have any problems, and if we complain to the dealers and warranty enough maybe this will be a recognized fault in a certain lot or lots. As for slime bear there will come a time when I will need it, and I will get it. I just dont think you should HAVE TO USE IT on new tires and rims to keep them from dumping air under normal use ,nothing crazy

Old 02-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

hey gonz its not a bit$% a$$ as you say see my wife bought me my 06 cat 400 for my birth day with out me even knowing she knew i wanted it but still thats pretty damn cool in my book. also my wife bought me my winch without me knowing still pretty cool oh and also my rack bag without me knowing.... yeah cool so to run out and spend 4-500 $$ would be a bit rediculouse and also i own a house a truck a car a quad a boat and plenty more and they need to be payed for. so its not being a bit$% A$$ its called i like being able to drive to work especially on these 4 degree days and come home to my home but i see what your saying i should let my electricity go out and my wife go hungry so i can get some new rubber for my bike.... definately...... good idea ill get new tires but not when my bike is a month old when i need them ill get them

Old 02-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Badlands are JUNK ! Sorry if I had ofended anyone who has them and likes them and never had a problem ....maybe it was a bad lot or something I dont know.
Yes they are. To get a good ride out of them you have to run them at around 3 or 4 PSI. Then if you ride hard they will pop off the bead and to keep them on the bead you have to run 15 PSI or so and anything will stick in them. The only thing the green slim will do is make them pop off the bead quicker. I guess for someone who rides around in the rest home parking lot or sub division they are good tires. I was looking at the Executioners but ended up getting a set of ITP Mud Lites. I changed mine out after around 800 miles and 30 + flats , have had the Mud Lites on for around 500 now with no flats and no beads popping off.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Wilburnga
Badlands are JUNK ! Sorry if I had ofended anyone who has them and likes them and never had a problem ....maybe it was a bad lot or something I dont know.
Yes they are. To get a good ride out of them you have to run them at around 3 or 4 PSI. Then if you ride hard they will pop off the bead and to keep them on the bead you have to run 15 PSI or so and anything will stick in them. The only thing the green slim will do is make them pop off the bead quicker. I guess for someone who rides around in the rest home parking lot or sub division they are good tires. I was looking at the Executioners but ended up getting a set of ITP Mud Lites. I changed mine out after around 800 miles and 30 + flats , have had the Mud Lites on for around 500 now with no flats and no beads popping off.

Interesting that you say that. Mine have 1300 miles and I run 5psi, never popped one off of any of the rims and the only had two flats, both time I was pulling blackberry bushed and slime solved those. As I said before I have 3 rims so badly bent they are non-repairable but don't leak at the rims and two of them do not have anything but air in them.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

hey rango 726 if you and your wife ever seperate would you mind sending her my way? thats my kind of woman. you are a lucky man

Old 03-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

thanks weez

Old 03-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

well i tried to get the dealer to replace my tires but to no prevail its not worth trying harder since these tires are weak i went riding again yesterday and 10 minutes in flat again so i limped her home and just bought the new mudlite xl i hear great things hopefully its true i hated to have to buy new tires but i got all four for $230 on ebay free shipping too so im keeping my fingers crossed that the flats go away