Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

27" tires on the H1 - SwampLites???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27" tires on the H1 - SwampLites???

I am close to getting some 27" Swamplites for my H1. Anyone have any last minute advice on them? I hear good things about these tires, but the one negative is that they wear too fast, is this true?

v2rider, how many miles are on yours and how are they holding up?

Also, $322 OTD is the best price for the 27"ers. Anybody know a place that can beat that?

Thanks so much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mine are wearing fine Catterman, im very pleased. I think people who ride tar and gravels 75% of the time complain more about wearing. Mine still look new[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] As for pricing, i called trax motorsports, and they matched the cheapest price, and gave me free delivery of all four wheels and tires, mounted, and with the decorative caps, and lugs. I will order from them again when i need tires again. Also, i think they have a sale on Swamplites right now! www.traxmotorsports.com

Old 09-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Got Milk!

Thanks v2, how many miles do you have on them so far??? I will check out that site. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

About 700, which isnt much i know, but they havnt dissapointed me yet. Good Luck!

Old 09-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

you getting just the rubber or the rims to? when i bought aftermarket i got the tires and rims and am glad i did. one it is a pain in the butt to bring them in and have them mounted on the stock rims and two when you sell it and wanna keep your tires and rims for your next arctic cat all you gotta do is pull them off and put the stock ones back on with little or no wear on them. oh and i am taking for granted catterman that you are gonna be purchasing another cat.

Old 09-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Got Milk!

weez, the H1 has such nice rims already though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Plus, if I got a new ATV I would keep these tires and rims and put the ones from the new ATV on the H1 when I do the trading. However I am thinking of keeping the H1 for 5 more years now that I got all this work into it. I added a rear flood light, a pod light, hand/thumb warmers, and a temp gauge. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

ANyway, some might buy my stock tires for $175, and if they do I will get either the 27" swamplights or 589's. How do you like yours weez?

Hey v2, I have less them 300 miles on my H1, so 700 is a lot to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cttaerman, i got the tires after i had 300 miles on the machine already, now i have about 1,025 after yesterday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

hey catterman i like my 589's alot. they aren't the most dominant tire in the mud by any means but they deffinately hold their own. what sold me on them is that they are a long lasting tire. my dad has my old set of 589's on his foreman that must have about 2500 miles on them and mine have about 2000 miles on them and neither one shows hardly any wear. hmmmm catterman you should get one more upgrade for your H-1, get that 10 inch suspension lift. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Got Milk!

Originally posted by: weez440
hey catterman i like my 589's alot. they aren't the most dominant tire in the mud by any means but they deffinately hold their own. what sold me on them is that they are a long lasting tire. my dad has my old set of 589's on his foreman that must have about 2500 miles on them and mine have about 2000 miles on them and neither one shows hardly any wear. hmmmm catterman you should get one more upgrade for your H-1, get that 10 inch suspension lift. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yah, that list won't happen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I am leaning more towards the 589's now, they are $365, and the lights are $320, so I might as well go with the 589's.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Trailblazer

I think they're both good tires, Catterman. I know people with both. The only complaint with either is that the grip on the 589's is kinda spaced out, which makes for a bit of a rough ride when your on a solid riding surface. Other than that both tires walk and talk in a mudhole. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 27" tires on the H1 - SwampLites???