Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Riding with a passenger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Riding with a passenger?

I live in RedNeck country and i meet people riding double all the time , and some don't even wear helmet's ; for one reason they're RedNecks and second if hurt's the driver when only the RedNeck riding on the back wearing a helmet bang's them in the back of the head !

This isn't a joke even the State Forest Ranger's and Game and Fish Warden's are RedNeck's , because they don't enforse State Law requiring everyone to wear one ; I've riden double before a few times but i was doing the driving and we both were wearing helmet's !

But before i ever ride double with someone new i take the time to instruct the passenger how to stay intune with my body movement's , this is one of my steadfast rule's for riding double ; and i really don't like to ride double in the first place !

But if you must ride double make sure both you and your passenger wear helmet's and pratice riding double in a gravel or dirt parking lot , or field starting out doing small turn's and circles ; and when i'm sure my passenger know's how to lean in and out getting faster as i go in tune with my body movement's !

Then i start onto more technical terrain making sure my passenger keep's intune with me as i move my body sideway's , and lean's forward and backward at all time's ; and if at anytime they fail to move with me and keep with my body's movement i will stop and remind them to stay with me at all time's !

I've seen my share of injured and one dead RedNeck , that didn't pay close enough attention when riding single and or double ; and by the way guy's this ain't Jeff FoxWorthy giving you this advice !

But you may be a RedNeck if you don't follow these rule's when riding single or double , and don't even get me started on the being naked while riding in plubic ; please don't because it can get pretty ugly in RedNeck country in a biggggggggggg hurrie yall be carefull for real if you ride double ! .........