Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Moab Ride WOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moab Ride WOW!!!!

We got there about 9;30am set up camp, then went for a ride, 1st stop potato salad hill only one crazy enough to try it, Dave, He is the only Atv I know to have ever made it, (he did need some help with hands on the front racks). next we went across the road and stared up Fins& Things trail, made it to the Car Wash, Dave with help did it(got Pic), Then over to Hells Gate Dave was the first to go down then me it is very steep, we decided to go back up every one else chickened out. Dave went first and needed a lot of help with the front end of that Polaris scrambler, then me every one must of forgot about me I was all most to the top before any came to help I told them to back off the cat seemed to be doing great. after I did it Richard we lovingly call him the BIG SHOW, borrowed a friend scrambler and tried he made it down fine but on the way back up he powered out and rolled 3 times down back wards he was ok, but the Polaris was now without brakes, no one would ride it out so I winched it up , we were headed out to get some new parts when Larry rolled his sportsman over the top of him the rest of the day was spent at the hospital with Larry 3 broken ribs and a cut from top of his nose to the hair line, it ripped the helmet of his head, but he will be OK. and this is just the first day.

2nd day Poison Spider Mesa

First let me say this is a great trail for ATV's very hard at times. After a big breakfast at Mickydees we headed out to the trail head, on the trail now first thing we came to was the Launching Pad, this was very steep and keep your tires spinning we all made it, the wedgie was next it was fun got some good Pic and video of us going threw it,
I'll tell you their are some spots that will beet the best riders on this trail, if you are scarred of heights this is not a good ride for you, in fact most of Moad has high spots that can make you grip the seat of your bike with out using your hands,
at Buck's Hill we had our 3rd roll over, luck was on Alan's side he landed in a depression filled with sand and the bike rolled over the top of him only scuffing the elbows, the Honda stared right backup and we keep going, next was Sky Line Dr. not for the faint of hart almost straight up and straight down no room for a mistake, I don't think you could walk this without using your hands and sliding, scared the he!! out of me when I seen the bike ahead of me going down on only his front wheels, I felt the back-end of my bike come up a couple of times, gets your hart going. their are many places with out names along this trail that get your attention a couple of 3 and 4 foot drop's that you will need help.
The Golden Crack, I was told that no ATV could get threw this with out a lot of help Dave went first and when you look a the Pic you will see he needed a lot of help, Then me I did it with only one person helping. no one else want to try it so we grabbed a big log and put it in the crack so everyone could get across. Me and Dave did it without the log Polaris and Arctic Cat. this is were we ate lunch the view was incredible I can't describe it,
next we went to the Dbl Whammy it was getting late so we decided to head back, we did remove the log. on the way back we ran into some Jeeps coming across the trail so we stopped and watched them go down a real hard spot the look on some of there faces was priceless when they seen what they had to do pure tearer. Tip for you remove the bumper before you do this trail or it will...
not much happened on the way back some drag races in the sand and side hill climbs all and all a great ride but only if you are well prepared and have lots of experience,

make sure you check out the Pic.

Old 05-01-2002, 12:21 PM
Range Rover

looks like you all spent more time off the AVTs pulling them then you did on them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just joking....

Old 05-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

rock crawlers spend most of their time scouting, and very little time actually riding. that stuff is xtreme.

Old 05-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

Great pictures, looks like you guys had a good time. I've been to Moab on my machine once (we rode Poison Spider), and once was enough! I can't afford to tear my equipment up on purpose, I have a hard enough time staying upright on level ground [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2002, 05:40 PM
Range Rover

Great pics!! But that looks to much like work. Now if there was a big Buck or Bull up there no problem. I would be there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2002, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

Nice Pics. I hope to make it to Moab this summer/fall. It looks like a lot of fun!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2002, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow does not begin to describe it!! Just one question; Is your special olympic ride that Intense?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2002, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider