Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Good ride 2 weeks ago

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother and 3 of his friends came down from SLC for a day of fun, we went up 12mil canyon, started out on clear creek trail went all the way to the top this is one of the best trails to start with it has jumps and mud steep climbs. Then went over to Beaver trail and came down it, lots of mud and fallen over trees, Roger tipped his cat on it's side trying to stop on a nasty spot no one hurt.
next we went over to the slide trail it was getting snowy and muddy, this is one of the hardest trails up here last thing you want is mud but we keep going we did ok till we came to a real deep mud hole Tim tried it first made it about 3ft this was real deep the more he tried to get out the deeper the bike sank, this was ugly I pulled him out backwards. then rest of us went around and got on the other side, he wanted to try agin did not go as far as the first time so I hooked the winch up, then a bike to me and pulled him threw, then came the steep hill I tried it 3 times and only got half way up and slid back down the mud was getting bad, I backed off and let my brother give it a try he got no farther then I did [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] , this slide is still moving about 2ft per year and it is a ½ mil. across at the sides every year we half to make a new trail for about 100 yards, I found a way up, Tim watched as I went up I parked and walk down to Tim we worked for 1/2hr to get the rest up, after Tim said, Don I knew you were crazy but this takes the cake [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] , we got about 2 more miles then the snow drifts got to big, I was going across one real fast trying not to sink when I hit a log and my momentum took me in to a tree, bent my bumper almost to my tire and hurt my wrist,
time to turn around and head for the trucks, on the way back we did some drag racing Roger and his new cat beet me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img], not by much. It was a fun ride I am very happy I get to do this suff when ever I want, living this close to the mountains is great..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2002, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

it was a great ride but you forgot that our cats also swim we went up the river with the current up to the front fenders and we had two other bikes that could not do this mabey in two weeks we can do it again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2002, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

I work this comming weekend, But the 1st of June I have off.
I did forget about the river the Hondas could not make it up we did it 2 times each. that was pretty cool.

Old 05-21-2002, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

BIGDCRED,
Where exactly from 12 mile are these trails? I hunt just south of 12 mile campground. I think I know where you are riding in the slide area. One of those trails is part of the Great Western Trail.

If you go south from 12 mile campground and stay right at the next two fork about 1-2 miles down the road there is another road which takes off the main road. (just before the road begins to climb) You drop down this steep hill (there is a turn at the bottom of the steep part). You can follow this road around and it will bring you out on the main road coming up from Mayfield. You can also take another road from there and go down to a lake. Is this the slide area you are talking about? Is this the area you are riding in? or am I too high/low or in the wrong spot?

Old 05-24-2002, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

your in the right place, ther are lots of trails in this area. that lake if you go past it there is a trail we call the trail from he!! it wont be open till mid July but it is a good and fun ride.

Old 05-24-2002, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info. I hope to see more of these trails soon.