Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Warn Winch Woes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every one will have different experiences based on the riding condidtions in their area i bet. Where we ride, it is a must to get wet, dirty, and see who can go through the biggest baddest mud/water holes hehe. And my Warn 2000LB ATV Winch works like crap when its wet. Ive since removed the solenoid, wired it direct and sealed the connections on the winch end. This has improved *my* situation 110%.

Old 06-03-2002, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, Vewdew's works fine because I had to get him to pull me out because my stupid Warn wouldn't work. Imagine...having to have a little cat pull out a nice big bear!!!! LOL Ok ok...so he has a bigger motor.....

Old 06-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2002, 10:35 AM
Range Rover

Have either sambo or vewdew taken a look at bbs pictures. He is from the very north counrty where he still had lots of snow only a week or so ago!!! Also, this winche topic has been debated on Highlifter and someone who is on the HL forum works for either superwinch or warn and he was saying that they are diff winches. You could go to http://www.highlifter.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi and do a search on winches and see what comes up. I learned some interesting things from those discussions. Anyway, I am going to buy me soem dielectric grease today I think and cover all of my connections with it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Should stop some of the shorts that may come up from water... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2002, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the heads up Mountaincat. I'll have a look and see what I can learn. Could you do me a favor MountainCat, teach Vewdew how to ride a cat. I'm getting tired of having to help him through all the mud holes we come across. LOL

Old 06-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]Just ad update: I went to my dealer and he was good enough to sell me the switch harness out of a new winch box for only $42 with tax. At least I didn't have to wait or pay shipping. Then he gave me the screws I needed to put the winch back together. I said before there was 4 rods, my mistake only 2 rods. Any way I put the screws back in place and I found out the gears are stripped. It just won't pull. I guess my next call will be to Warn. AC's warranty is up by 2 months but I think Warn warrantys thier winches for a year. By the way for you guys having problems shorting out use gobs of dielectric grease all over and around your wiring connections. I've been under mud/water more often than not and the motor has always worked well.