ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Moth balls in gas..??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 02:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moth ***** in gas..??

Has anyone ever heard of putting mothballs in gas? I heard it raises octane a bunch. It sounds stupid but an engine builder told me this. Is it true???

Old 08-16-2004, 02:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they tested this on myth busters and found it to be true, all though there test wasn't all that detailed.

Old 08-16-2004, 02:58 AM
Quad Patrol

trailrider, who did the study, MythBusters?LOL They do some cool stuff though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 04:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Take a look at both of these articles

To sum it up, todays moth ***** don't contain the chemicals that once gave mothballs their "anti-pinging" characteristic. In fact, some mothballs contains dichlorobenzene (chlorine) which produces hydrochloric acid as it burns. You would NOT want to be behind someone burning that!! Not to mention the damage that it could cause your engine. So NO, todays mothballs WILL NOT raise your octane.

Old 08-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
Take a look at both of these articles12To sum it up, todays moth ***** don't contain the chemicals that once gave mothballs their "anti-pinging" characteristic. In fact, some mothballs contains dichlorobenzene (chlorine) which produces hydrochloric acid as it burns. You would NOT want to be behind someone burning that!! Not to mention the damage that it could cause your engine. So NO, todays mothballs WILL NOT raise your octane.
Great info Dr.BigBad

Join us next week and listen to Dr.BigBad explain the detonation sequence of a Hydrogen Bomb.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trailrider500
Take a look at both of these articles12To sum it up, todays moth ***** don't contain the chemicals that once gave mothballs their "anti-pinging" characteristic. In fact, some mothballs contains dichlorobenzene (chlorine) which produces hydrochloric acid as it burns. You would NOT want to be behind someone burning that!! Not to mention the damage that it could cause your engine. So NO, todays mothballs WILL NOT raise your octane.
Great info Dr.BigBad

Join us next week and listen to Dr.BigBad explain the detonation sequence of a Hydrogen Bomb.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LOL. Well, you see, it all starts when.............................................. .................................................. ......................................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Good info, now explain where my socks go when I put them in the dryer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Good info, now explain where my socks go when I put them in the dryer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Classic example of the nocturnal sock monster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Classic example of the nocturnal sock monster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
How about, No matter what color shirt your wearing, Your belly lint is always "blue" Why is that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

latest goverment study , yes the gov paid to find out about belly button lint they founfd the lint actually works it's way up your body from your crotch .. its true .

Quick Reply: Moth balls in gas..??