ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Newbie..need some help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie..need some help please

Hey guys, new here and new to the atc world and can use some help. I just bought a 1984 Honda 200s that was sitting in my friends garage for about 5 years. I am in need of part...lots of parts..lol. Anyone know where I can get some on the net? I need a gas tank, front brake assembly, I think rear brake assy..not sure yet on that. Any help woul dbe much appreciated!

Also, when the bike is up on blocks should the rear axle be solid or should there be some play in it? I can move the axle about 1/2" up and down? To me it seems like a blown bearing or something but you guys are teh experts.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 10-17-2004, 12:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Carefull....you can easily spend more on parts, than its worth.
Ebay is worth a try, and keep your eyes out for a parts quad, itll be the cheapest way to get the parts you need.

Old 10-17-2004, 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

These may help a little

Bike bandit

Hyperparts

Maier plastics

Wiseco Pistons

These are some of the best links I can give you for parts, and like hondabuster said "E-bay"

And Welcome here. I'm Mike Too!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the replies guys. Mike thanks for the links too! I took the rear axle out cause I didn't like the amount of play and found that it had no axle bearings left, they were a rusty powder. I already ordered them from ebay. I think I am gonna get teh recoil pull starter installed and see if the motor even turns over before I buy any more parts.

Thanks again for the welcome guys..this looks like a cool place.

Mike

Old 10-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Some hints for you, when you get the new rear axle bearings, pack them with grease, Even if they are the "sealed" type; use a small screwdriver, pop out the plactic seal, pack them and pop the seal back in. They do not come with very much grease in them and they will only last about a year without putting more grease in them. I went as far as to install a grease fitting in the axle housing, and I give it a little grease before I ride each time.

Old 10-19-2004, 01:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the heads up on the axle bearings. I plan on packin them real good. Problem I am now having is that the old ones will NOT come out. I been banging em with my bearing drivers and they ain't budging. The bearing and oil seals were gone when I got the bike, only the outer race is left and teh friggen thing is so rusted in that it looks like part of the assembly. i may have to buy a new assy..if I can find a cheap one. Any suggestions on how to get the old bearings out?
Thanks,
Mike

Old 10-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Its a risky way but I have used a cutting torch on several occaions to get old negleted bearings out, never on an aluminum rear end but commonly on a steel carrier. In fact, I had to use that method on my project 185s.

Old 10-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Soak it in kroil, for awhile. Take it to a machine shop and have them press it out.

Old 10-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

take the small cut off wheel with a dremel , and cut a line in the race all the wasy through to the carrier, then take a chisle, and nail it with a hammer, the ceramic outside should shatter, or at least move, that how i did my wheel bearings.

v581