ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

200 s question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200 s question

my friends 200s will not start if u pull it over but if u jump it and keep pushing it it will run but only if the trought is full and u push it i gear it will barly stay runing

i dont know what the problem is it has spark gets gas we clean out the carb and has 10opis compression we cant figure it out but the weird thing it it ran fine las weekend

thanks for any help nick

Old 03-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 200 s question

Nick, SPELLCHECK![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Was that 100 PSI compression?
check your valve settings and make sure they are not too tight!

Old 03-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Range Rover
Default 200 s question

sorry about that it is 100 pis the valves would make it do that and can u tell me what they are set at
thanks for the help nick

Old 03-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default 200 s question

The way you type, I read it all as one long run on sentence[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That almost made me short of breath just reading it...haha
Sorry, I cant help ya, good luck.
Ryan

Old 03-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 200 s question

0.002 in. (0.05mm) The compression should be around 156 psi. If the valves are too tight they will open too early and too long. It could also be a mechanical timing issue, but if it ran fine the last time you shut it off, i doubt it is mechanical timing. SO, it will run if you push start it, but not if you use the pull coard, right?

Old 03-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Range Rover
Default 200 s question

ya it will run if u push it but if you stop pushing it it will die it like your keeping it going by pushing it

Old 03-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 200 s question

All I can think is start with the basics before you get into valve adjustments. Make sure the gas is fresh and free of any contaminants. You may need to just drain what you have into a waste gas can and put some new go juice in. Then take out the plug and give it a gentle cleaning with wire brush and carb cleaner and replace the plug. Make sure the plug cap is on nice and tight. Give the air filter a nice cleaning in soapy water and let fully dry. When dry, wipe a tiny bit of motor oil on the filter foam and replace. Now, since you must bump start it, get the machine to the top of a good size hill and put it in the highest gear. Get on, and hold the shifter up with your foot and as you start rolling down the hill, gently let the shifter down and the machine will start to turn over. Carefully work the choke lever up & down as you go while not giving it too much gas. You should get it to fire up, at which time you down shift to neutral to let it warm up and get off choke if it isn't already. If that doesn't work, check your carb. Most of my starting probs over time is in there. Good luck!

Old 03-15-2005, 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 200 s question

Originally posted by: CaptnATC
All I can think is start with the basics before you get into valve adjustments. Make sure the gas is fresh and free of any contaminants. You may need to just drain what you have into a waste gas can and put some new go juice in. Then take out the plug and give it a gentle cleaning with wire brush and carb cleaner and replace the plug. Make sure the plug cap is on nice and tight. Give the air filter a nice cleaning in soapy water and let fully dry. When dry, wipe a tiny bit of motor oil on the filter foam and replace. Now, since you must bump start it, get the machine to the top of a good size hill and put it in the highest gear. Get on, and hold the shifter up with your foot and as you start rolling down the hill, gently let the shifter down and the machine will start to turn over. Carefully work the choke lever up & down as you go while not giving it too much gas. You should get it to fire up, at which time you down shift to neutral to let it warm up and get off choke if it isn't already. If that doesn't work, check your carb. Most of my starting probs over time is in there. Good luck!

Holy Crap!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And you said "start with the basics before you get into valve adjustments" Heck you have an entire day worth of work there to do "before" you adjust the valves [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 03:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 200 s question

In addition to what everyone else has said, check your timing. Thrash and Crash may be right, but it is possible, if the chain is loose, to jump a tooth (usually when the engine is killed) and throw it off. It may try to run but just won't. Seen the same on motorcyles. Runs well one day a mess the next. Has fuel, has spark, but acts just sick. Look into it.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:31 AM
The Facility
Default 200 s question

Nick,

We all overlook the obvious sometimes......

You said that it is getting spark.......did you test at the plugcap or at the plug itslef?? Did you guys put a new plug in that thing??

Ran fine one week and didn't the next???......if it isn't a sparkplug, then I agrre with Mike's [Thrashandcrash] suggestion on it being a timing issue.

Quick Reply: 200 s question