ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Petition against re-signing the Consent Decree, PLEASE read.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.petitiononline.com/3ww1/petition.html

I'm not too sure how many of you are aware of the fact that the Consent Decree expired in 1998, but it did. I've recently got wind from a fairly reliable source (One of the ATV Industry's biggest oponetts) That the Consumer Product Safety Comission and the manjor manufactures were going to re-sign it. Here's a snippit of the information I've got:

"...with the expiration of the 1988 Consent Decree, the ATV industry will be given the opportunity to start manufacturing three-wheelers again. This would seem to be inconceivable given the litigation history, however, the Consent Decree expired on April 28, 1998.

There is some comfort in the private conversations the author had recently with the CPSC General Counsel's Office in which it was confirmed that the ATV industry and the CPSC are meeting to find some means to voluntarily extend the Consent Decree that banned the three-wheeled vehicles. If an agreement is reached, a published notice of advanced rulemaking would be placed in the Federal Registry and public comment would be sought on the industry's voluntary compliance. The General Counsel's Office does not believe the industry wants to manufacture the three- wheelers and will agree to continue to implement the provisions of the Consent Decree."
more from http://www.bennettlawfirm.com

What alot of you guys don't realise is that this Decree doesn't ONLY work against the manufacturing of 3 wheelers, it ALSO deals with the extremely idiotic age limit thats set for quads.

Guys, We've gotta get ATLEAST a few hundred signatures, Please spread this around. We've gotta let the CPSC, and all the manufactures know how we feel about this. We've got to nail them to the wall before they can us. Lets make it happen. I just hope its not too late.

A few things to please keep in mind when signing, please use your FULL name (First and last) I'm pretty sure internet nicknames won't be exceptable as a signature to the CPSC. Also include your Geographical location, so that they can see we're not just a small group from a town in California, that we're from all over the country. Lets make it happen guys, We CAN do it, we just gotta get our arm in the door before its closed.

Old 04-23-2002, 11:11 PM
The Facility

I thought that the new PROPOSED consent decree was tied up within some extremist comittee in the House of Representatives??????

This was as of January I know because the American Society of Pediatrics stepped up and wanted the age restrictions changed to 18 years of age regardless of the ATV's size.

They [ASP] claimed that they had proof of an alarming rate of injuries to kids due to ATVs.

What they failed to mention was that even though the number of injuries was high,....there were more injuries among youngsters getting hurt while playing Pee Wee Football.
I guess the next step would be to put an age restriction of 18 to play Pee Wee Football!!!

Old 04-23-2002, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

Knowsalot,

This too is what I was under the impression of, but then I ran across this information. Mr Bennet is one of the formost Atorney's thats involved with people against the entire ATV Industry. If anyone should know whats going on, he should.

Old 04-23-2002, 11:15 PM
The Facility

Oh..and while I'm posting on this subject, I would like to let it be known...[to those who were too young to remember]...that it was Al Gore's vote that made the difference on the authorization of the enactment of the Consent Decree in the first place. This was when he was just a Senator from Tennessee.

Thank God that idiot wasn't elected as President.

Old 04-23-2002, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

<< Oh..and while I'm posting on this subject, I would like to let it be known...[to those who were too young to remember]...that it was Al Gore's vote that made the difference on the authorization of the enactment of the Consent Decree in the first place. This was when he was just a Senator from Tennessee.

Thank God that idiot wasn't elected as President.
>>

Now heres a man that knows what he's talking about...Thus the name I see, heheh

Old 04-24-2002, 01:38 AM
Trailblazer

Well, for what it's worth, I signed it. I don't know if it will really accomplish anything, but it can't hurt.

Old 04-24-2002, 10:27 AM
Trailblazer

<< Well, for what it's worth, I signed it. I don't know if it will really accomplish anything, but it can't hurt. >>

Thanks BadElk, I'm not too sure of what it'll accomplish either. I know at the very least it till make the CPSC realise that there are still alot of threewheeler riders out there, and that people are sick of this stupid age requirements. If nothing else We're making a gateway for other things we can fight against (Sierra Club, Closing off half of Glamis, ect)

Trending Topics

Old 04-26-2002, 05:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well first off i would just like to say hello to all in here, im new.... i just signed the petion and really hope it works. i own an 85 200x in mint condition and i love my bike, i have owned a lot of bikes since i was 14, my first bike was a 200m, then i had a 250r then another 200s, moved on to a quad, it was the quadracer 500, finally moved back to a 200x(current), i have been riding since i was 14 and never have i had a serious crash, its all about riding smart!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]