ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Travis Spader

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2000, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sure looks like this may be Spader's year. I have seen him at Loretta Lynn's the past 2 years and it looks to me that he is the overall fastest rider out there. I love watching him ride because he's so smooth and he never wears down. He's got 3 of the 4 GNC's won. Anybody else enjoy watching this guy?

Old 06-05-2000, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Travis Spader came to Southwick, Mass. for the last race of our season last year. He was the only big name pro to show up. Angela Moore showed up for the women, Todd Viscovi (sp?) comes for about half the races as well.

Southwick is pure sand track, that gets really whooped out. And he just flew around the track.. He made everyone look pretty stupid. Whoops that would throw off any rider going that fast, he just rode like it was like glass. He took all the holeshots and won the pro 250 and pro open classes. Walked away with a large chunk of cash, for the day. Almost 3 grand!

We tried to have a jumping contest after the race, but it got called due to an injury. But Travis was the first one to grab a shovel and help make the table top jump nice for the contest. Then when he tried it out, oh boy. It was like watching a Huevos video.

Not only was he a terrific rider that day, but one heck of a nice guy. He talked to everyone that walked up to him and even spoke to us after the race, answered questions and what not.