ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

harescramble workouts

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harescramble workouts

hey bartlett, i was at the 12 hours of atv america...i was supposed to race w/ team WHO...but im not 16 so i couldnt...and i was the one who tested all the jumps when my uncle and john pellan (the sponsor of the event) made them...yeah, good times...they'd build a jump, theyd tell me to jump it, i'd jump it, roll it or fall off, theyd tone it down, i'd jump it, i'd stick the landing, we'd celebrate, then move to the next jump and repeat...lol...btw, how did u like those off camber hills? wut did u think of the track?

Old 11-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

I did get a chance to walk the track...it was frickin awesome...very fast...and everyone proved me right. 6 miles in 10-12 min. his haulin' the mail!! I hope the webster wheelers have a hares scramble there early this coming spring to warm me up for next years season!!

Old 11-04-2003, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

heres the deal pudljumper...im a member of the club and when we make dates for the harescramble, ill notify u so u can come down

Old 11-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

sweetness julius, but no need to just inform me, post it in a bunch of these forums, get people out there. I would recommend the club sending out more fliers, especially to dealers. If you set up a harescramble in late april, I bet you get a lot of people show up as many are antsy to race again after the long winter, and a good non-points warm-up race is beneficial to many!

Old 11-04-2003, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

we were at your last hare-scramble in ft. dodge. My son raced with you, he ended up getting 2nd. you were going pretty fast. I think you beat him by 2 min. GOOD race. That was his first race though. It also helps if you have excess to the track (LOL), WE all had a great time, are they suppose to have one this month?

Old 11-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

98red, most ppl think that its a plus to have access to the track...well, its not as beneficial as you think....everytime i go, they have at least 1/4 of the track blocked off...and i usually ride my cr125r on those trails anyways...so it doesnt really do me any good to go from clearing the jumps on my bike and then goin' back to the quad where i jump it, bounce once, and then go down the other face of the jump...lol..but ive also been to tracks where all of the riders have had track access as to where i havent...and i still come out better than them...i think from plain old riding, you perform better on tracks that youve never been on cuz ur more cautious and you remember things better...post more comments! its fun to hear from you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2003, 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think the more experience a person has on a certain track the better he would be off, especially on a track like ft. dodge. Thats why they let anyone who wants to, walk the track before the race starts.
Are they going to have another hare scramble this year ? What kind of pipe do you have on yours ?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Trailblazer

i dont believe that they are goin' to have anymore this year, but my uncle is goin' to try and organize a harescramble A MONTH!! were really pushing for the harescramble a month thing..it would be beneficial to the club AND the riders...and i have a stage three DG Xcellerator pipe on my quad w/ the jet kit thats in the dennis kirk catalogue..i order EVERYTHING from dennis kirk..ill order stuff on monday and have it on my doorstep wednesday when i get home from school..its great..hope to hear back from u guys