ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Is there a poor mans sponsor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a poor mans sponsor?

So I have no money if you read the post under this you'll hear the full story but I was wondering if there was any kind of group/company/corporation that gives sponsorships to those who don't have the money to race on there own. Ive got talent, Ive been told that by a ex racer who lives around where I ride. I was really hoping he would hear out my money issues and try to help me out, (they guy had like 17 400cc 2 1000cc quads) but he never said anything to me like that so that gave me the idea to either grow up and start a company like that or find one who can help me.

So if anybody knows any kind of organization like that please help me out, Thanks

Old 03-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TsXBlaster

So I have no money if you read the post under this you'll hear the full story but I was wondering if there was any kind of group/company/corporation that gives sponsorships to those who don't have the money to race on there own. Ive got talent, Ive been told that by a ex racer who lives around where I ride. I was really hoping he would hear out my money issues and try to help me out, (they guy had like 17 400cc 2 1000cc quads) but he never said anything to me like that so that gave me the idea to either grow up and start a company like that or find one who can help me.

So if anybody knows any kind of organization like that please help me out, Thanks</end quote></div>

You have to contact local dealers and see if they sponsor local racers. Create a racing resume and mail it out to whomever is accepting them at the time. Try all the industry sponsors, start with gear sponsors and work around......

You are going to have to raise money yourself too because you are going to have to get out on the track and get noticed. If you are that good you will get noticed. Get a job and save some cash.... I know guys who race all summer and work all winter so they have cash.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

you could try local atv dealerships, a once knew a guy that got sponsered by a yamaha dealership he worked for. they were always giving him extra parts and even gave him a left over banshee from their warehouse. this was about 2 years ago.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

Yea my only problem is Ive never raced in a formal race so idk if a yamaha dealership would sponsor me or not. My blaster isn't good enough to get on the track which is why I need a sponsor so i can get a good race quad and gear. I know its a lil far fetched but I know if I got a sponsor I would tear that track up so bad!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider

Are you or your family friends with anyone that owns a business? If so, I think that is your best chance right now. See if they might chip in fuel for you, or help buy you a suspension.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I know pro-am guys, top A riders, top B riders, and top C riders, and everyone still pays a good chunk of cash for racing... none of them get a "factory ride" or everything paid for them. They pay for broken parts, gas, race entry fees, oil, wear-and-tear on their truck ... everything. Even people sponsored by dealerships will usually only get parts at cost ... seldom free. This is not a cheap sport.

I have a friend that is a great racer, that once broke his YFZ450 the day before a supercross race, so he went out there with a completely stock Yamaha Raptor 660, and took 3rd in Open B class, a class dominated by 450 quads set up for racing. I'm trying to tell you skill is still king, and you should consider entering some races with what you have, to see how competitive you would be. A lot of racers start out throwing their quad in a buddies trailer and riding along to the races with them to race for the first time.

A good way to create a racing resume is to sign on to http://www.loopd.com -- This is kind of an "extreme sport" Facebook or Myspace. Add pictures, descriptions of yourself, what you hope to accomplish racing, and you can apply for sponsorship for free. Mind you, this sponsorship will be at a minimal level since you've never "proved yourself" in a racing situation. But it's something to start with.

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Old 03-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

Hey man I really appreciate your help, thats the most help Ive ever gotten out of like the 50 questions ive posted on this site, I think I will enter a race with my little blaster and see what its like in something so competitive, I appreciate your help alot man thanks