Old 05-10-2001, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really expected more out of myself

ryan

Old 05-10-2001, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

After not finishing where you wanted to, it kind of leaves a hole in the pit of your stomach. You crave more. You know that you can do better. You run last weeks race over and over in you mind. Trying to pin-point where you made the mistakes.
Racing is a science. You need three things. A machine that is strong and can pull you mechanically through the race. A physically fit body that can withstand arm pump and endure the event. And finally, and most importantly. A mindset that is confident, strong, and willing to win. Experience is the key. Most mistakes are mental. Learning how to fight off the "fear" of what will happen around the next corner will come with time. Until then, you've just been bitten by the Racing Bug. Feels good, doesn't it?

98% of the people in this forum think racing is just about holding it wide open. Boy are they wrong.....

Old 05-10-2001, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah it does feel good. But i'm very upset about the seed that i took in that race. I just COULDNT go any faster with my machine on that track! I tried to go as fast as i could through it, and kept a good head about everything, not worrying about what was around the next corner, and who is behind me. The prob was i couldnt fit my machine through some of the trees, its as simple as that. I'm sure i could have cornered and or went faster in other areas, but it doesnt help having a machine that was to wide for some of the tree's. I actully had to get off and lift the front end up so my front supsension wou ld compress to bring IN the front tires, then pulled it through the opening. Racing is alot differnt then i expected i guess. Hopefully things will go alittle better then this at millville..HOPEFULLY!

ryan