ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Big news for GNC racers

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001 | 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

i kow these are good news to me and others but i think they should hae atleast a seperate class<not pro> for atvs with motorcycle engines

Old 10-12-2001 | 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

It is not a rule yet, it was dicussed if it should be made a rule. We have a year before it will be voted one. Maybe it will not need to be made a rule because of the new quads maybe being good enough that you don't need to use a zy engine? This is something that will be talked about for the next year.

Old 10-12-2001 | 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Stroker,

Sorry to see the shifter motorcycle engines banashed from youth atv classes.... NOT.

Who cares, we run the Kasea and always -- yes, always beat the shifters -- including the KX85's. Add some a-arms and real shocks and the CVT youth atv's smoke those oversized motorcycle engine powered youth sofas.

Plus, the little Kasea's only cost about $4500 fully built. I think a pro built KX85 shifter atv costs about 15 grand.

The rules are designed to get more people into the sport. SO, get over it.

Old 10-14-2001 | 10:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

tprender: my personal point of view is this: the no motorcycle engine rule is a great rule in my opinion! and to further explain: I dont care what the big quads do especially the pro-whiner class!!! my concern is with thew future of the sport,,"the kids clases",,the rule would hurt the 30 parents that spent 10+grand on a mini-mod quad, but would help hundreds of kids that wouldnt have the chance to race because their LT-80's,trx-90's,kaseas,lems,etc. cannot compete w/kx-60 and cr-80 motored mini's. so we are back to a superstock class or a modified 60& 90 class with modded factory quads. now we hear reports of" making racing more affordable". i feel the no motorcycle rule would help w/that (at least with the mini's) have a great day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2001 | 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

<< Who cares, we run the Kasea and always -- yes, always beat the shifters -- including the KX85's. Add some a-arms and real shocks and the CVT youth atv's smoke those oversized motorcycle engine powered youth sofas. >>

If you can run a Kasea with a national caliber GNC Mod 90 racer and win then I am very impressed. These racers clear almost all the doubles the big guys do and I seen a few of them passing a ton of the air cooled racers in practice at the Greenville,TT. I am not trying to say our aftermarket based youth quad is any better than yours. Hey, if you built something a kid can run and have fun on then it's good enough for me. I was just saying it'd be a shame to have us outlawed because we went out and spent the $ so to say on what everyone else is running at the GNC's. The money was spent ( damage was done so to speak), we already have the quad and plan on running all 9 MX GNC's and 3 or 4 TT's next season. Let's just get ready and go racing. Chances are there will be rumors flying all year about changes anyways, hopefully yhe ATVA and other officials will talk to a lot of racers this year ( not just the pro's) and see what they can do to improve the sport. I am sure my opinions are not the same as everyone elses.

Old 10-14-2001 | 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

I am 15 6'0 150lbs. Their is no way i can ride a LT-80 or any other of the production mini quads. Those kids arnt running the kx85 and the cr80 quad because theyw ant to spend the extra money but because they can not fit on a lt80. Get real. Eliminate motorcycles is will kill the 12-15 class. Now they really need to like 12 year olds in the air cooled class or they will loose alot of under age racers.

my 2 cents.

cya at the nationals next may when i turn 16

Old 10-14-2001 | 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

It seems to me like this new series has potential. It also has me very interested in following the mx series for a couple reasons I like mx more and also there are 7 mx races within a reasonable proximity to me.

I think it would not be a good idea to eliminate motorcycle motors so soon. Until there is a major effort put forth to make factory built racing atvs. Many, will find YZ426s and possibly CR450s as a good choice in building their race ready quads.

Splitting up the series points between MX and TT might be better for some people. Mainly alot of guys I know who only run TT and have no desire to run MX. I know that in the Mid Atlantic series there are quite a few riders who only run the TT and because of that they didnt even qualify for the overall awards.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Old 10-14-2001 | 10:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

I agree with mxer.adamsmith:here is the scoop, yes your friends competed in the national TT races and DID recieve a national placement in the TT nationals, just like someone won the MX nationals, then there was the overall GRAND national champion. So there were 3 championships. Most everyone thinks just one.SOOOO,,now we went backwards in my opinion, we had 3 champs, now we will have 2, and soon just 1, as this season will be the last for TT (my opinion).
The promoters is where the lack of spectators responsibility lies, FAST-TRAX promotions have had record attendance (6000+), but then again they have reached into their wallets and got a show together, and the ppl have responded!! NO OTHER promotor has done this. Not by a long shot. And to have Victory Sports get 3 nationals again is beyond me (yes,,the London Ky. mx is really promoted by Victory Sports)is just another slap in the face by the AMA. errr ATVA
POLITICIANS DO NOT RACE,,why is this all so political?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2001 | 08:37 AM
|
Pro Rider

Speaking of Victory Sports...... After this years Muddy Creek National (Victory Sports), I wrote a letter to them complaining about the filthy restrooms and showers. They had the nerve to write back and ask what I found offensive!

As for the TT racing, I get the feeling that they pretty much just killed the sport of ATV TT racing.

Old 10-30-2001 | 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

check out atvaonline.com they have all the latest news.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Quick Reply: Big news for GNC racers